Sewing a Delicate Garment for a Doll

I want to show and tell in detail how to sew an evening dress and bolero for a doll with a height of 30 cm.

You need:

1. Atlas.

2. Veiling.

3. Sewing machine.

4. Scissors.

5. Lace.

6. Bias satin binding.

7. Hard mesh for petticoat.

8. Thread.

9. Pearl cord.

10. Satin ribbon.

11. Lining.

Cut out the pattern, draw yours or use mine: one front detail and two details of the back — dotted line is for foldinging. Details of the lining are striped.

The allowances are 0.5 cm. The template of the back is used twice, from one side and from another.

I decided to decorate the top of the dress with lace and basted it.

Cut out the lining, add 0.5 cm allowances.

Sew shoulder seams for the dress and lining.

Iron the shoulder seams.

Pin lining and the dress together.

Stitch on the machine.

Pin the folds at the back and the neck.

Stitch on the machine.

Make little cuts at the edge of the neck to turn it outside in carefully.

Sew the sleeve.

Turn outside in.

Iron the top.

Join the side seams with pins.

Apply:

Measure the length of the skirt, I got 18 cm.

Cut out the top skirt of 22*125 (=18 cm + 1 cm for allowance + 3 cm for the floor-length) for two layers. Sew the side seam leaving 8 cm from the edge — each layer of the skirt separately. Then both skirts are stitched on the machine and one of the threads should be tightened to make folds.

Baste and stitch the skirt to the top of the dress, the lining is bent, it is not sewn yet.

The next layer of the skirt is cut out from satin size 22*90 cm. Pin the side seam leaving 8 cm from the edge, stitch on the machine, I treated the edge with a serger, or use a zigzag stitch. The bottom of the skirt is folded and stitched. The top is stitched with the biggest step and a thread is tightened to make folds. Sew the next layer of the skirts.

To add volume, use hard mesh for the petticoat. Cut out a 7*140 cm flounce and a skirt 17*56 cm. The skirt is sew the same way with an 8 cm allowance, the flounce is stitched and assembled in folds, then sewn to the bottom of the skirt. The top also needs folds.

Sew our petticoat with the lining, help yourself with pins. I used a concealed stitch.

Here's the dress I got.

I added buttons and loops, but you can use a Velcro.

Now start sewing the bolero, cut out satin, add 0.5 cm for allowances. Sew shoulder and side seams. Then join all parts and baste.

Stitched, make cuts around the neckline to carefully turn outside in.

Now the sleeves, cut out details from tulle, stitching in the middle and assemble folds, the threads are tied. To sew the elastic, twine it on a bobbin and stitch, leaving 2-3 cm from the edge.

Make a seam on the top + folds.

Sew the sleeves to the blank.

The armholes are processed with the satin bias binding manually.

I decorateв the sleeves with rosettes of tulle.

I made a purse, too.

And all is ready! :)

The hairs are decorated with the same flowers :)