Satin Stitch Brooch with a Cute White Rabbit

I want to tell you how to satin stitch a brooch with a white rabbit. I picked thisphoto as a pattern.

Ffor convenience, I cut out 2 templates from cardboard, one larger than the other at about 4 mm. The one on the left is of a smaller size for embroidery, and the second one — to cut out fabric with embroidery, the brooch would be of the same size.

Transfer the image on paper.

Take non-stretching fabric and fix it in a wooden hoop. Use pliers to properly pull fabric in different directions.
Then transfer the image on the fabric with a soft pencil or a special tailor's pen and sew around the contour.

Now select threads. I have 6 colours — black for eyes, 2 pink for ears, eyes and nose and white and grey for shadows and fur.

Now determine the direction of embroidery. I'm doing this based on the direction of pile, and also take into account those parts which are closer to us, and details of the second plan. In this case, the hair on the head cover the body and ears hair, that is, head pile is in the foreground. So, first of all, I embroider the background.

Start embroideting the shadows, take dark grey threads. Make stitches of different sizes.

Then add the second row of lighter grey threads, making the penumbra.

Fill the remaining part marked with blue arrows, use white colour, and embroider the ears.

Now embroider the foreground, marked with red.

Embroider the eyes and nose.

Finish making the eye, add highlights, and remove the fabric from the hoop.

Now take the second cardboard base, the bigger half, and cut out the embroidery not too close to the edges. Leave an allowance of 2-3 cm, and place some padding between them. Next, wash the embroidery with soap and water because it gets dirty with graphite or tailor's pen. If the tension was proper, nothing would happen with the blank.

Cut out the opposite side of the same size, I had faux leather. Sew the pin.

Sew all together.

Put a bit of batting inside to complete.

Then add beads if you want.

And the piece of jewelry is ready!