One Beautiful Topiary Project: A Personally Designed Tree

I've been busy making topiaries, got hand in it and today I want to show you the process of creating a table tree. Perhaps, you will find something new and interesting :)

Materials and tools:
- styrofoam ball d = 10 cm
- pot
- trunk 20 cm
- three layer green tissue, 1 pc
- artificial greenery (leaves and inflorescences)
- artificial flowers and the tiniest inflorescences
- small fake vegetables / fruit
- thin foam
- synthetic fabric for leaves
- beads
- fine felt
- jewelry pins
- needle for beads, and thread
- satin ribbon
- PVA glue
- hot glue gun
- scissors
- candle
- paper
- toothpicks

Draw a pattern for flowers on thick cardboard.

Now apply the pattern on foam, transfer the drawing and cut out 26 pieces (= 13 flowers).

My foam was very thin, if you roll it in your hands for a few minutes, petals will look more natural. They do not take the initial shape. I straighten them and tone with pastel crayons.

Thicker crumpled foam is applied to heated iron, then straighten.

To make the flowers voluminous, make cups of felt.

Cut out small circles, d = 2-3 cm, divide them in half and glue cones.

Now, the hearts. Here are sets of 30 beads.

Pick by 6 beads at once, fix in a ring, attach the next to previous ones.

Or simply select some beads as hearts and do not suffer:)

I picked suitable synthetic fabric to make flowers like I was ordered. Cut out, burn the edges with the candle.

To make a vein on a leaf, fold it in half, hold in tweezers and burn over a candle.

I prefer assembling topiaries from prepared "bouquets". Each "bouquet" has various leaves: 3 green fabric, 2 brown, 3-4 dark green + a sprig of greenery. And a flower is glued into the middle. To add some extra leaves, cut anything you have.

The bouquets are collected on felt circles, 13 pieces total (the number of flowers).

The main decor is ready. Now the base. Take the tissue, divide into layers, cut into squares.

The ball is coated with PVA and wrapped with the tissue, leave to dry completely.

Take the second piece of foam, choose a smooth surface for the top, cut it to fit the pot.

If the piece is too small, stuff the free space with paper.

All the gaps are filled with glue, the surface is covered with the tissue.

Insert the trunk, glue the blanks with the flowers, mark the locations with a toothpick.

Free space is filled with buds, leaves, fruit / vegetables and bows.

The foam in the pot is decorated with sprigs of greenery and leaves (no photo, I hope you can handle it).

Admire the result!

And see some trees made exactly the same way but with other flowers :)

That's all, dear readers!

Wish you much nspiration!

Yours,

Kate Idoll.

P.S. If you use my post, be sure to give a link to the source.