His Royal Highness, Velvet

I want to share with you what I've found on the Internet about the king of fabrics — velvet. I will not tell the story of velvet, and I suggest simply to admire the works of the most famous tailors and fashion designers of different times. I'm grateful to those whose hands created these masterpieces or preserved them, so we can contemplate and get inspired looking at the masterpieces. Wish you pleasant viewing :)

Falconer kaftan. 17th century.
Cut and sewing — workshops of the Moscow Kremlin.
Velvet — Poland, damask cloth — Italy, gold thread. Sewing, weaving. State Armory.

Men's outerwear. The Ottoman Empire, 19th century.

Ceremonial court dress of Empress Alexandra Feodorovna.
Russia, Saint-Petersburg. The end of 19th — beginning of 20th century. Atelier of O.N. Bulbenkova. Velvet, satin, embroidery with gold thread.

Dress of Empress Alexandra Feodorovna. Atelier Of Nadezhda Lamanova.

Ceremonial court dress. Russia, St. Petersburg. The end of 19th – beginning of 20th century. Ivanovs Workshop.

Court dress of lady-in-waiting. Russia. 1900s. Velvet, silk, embroidery with gold thread. The Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Evening gown of patterned satin and velvet. 1890s

A dress of blue velvet and patterned silk. 1880s

Velvet ball gown. Charles Frederick Worth, France, 1880s.

More works by Worth:

A few velvet accessories of the time:

Evening dress of scarlet velvet with two bodices. The House of Worth, France, 1893-95.

Woman's jackets, 1890-ies:

1848-1853, America.

Velvet ball gown with a deep neckline and long train. The House of Worth, 1898-1900, the Collection of the Metropolitan Museum.

I hope, you got pleasure from viewing. See you! :)