DIY on Creating a Gentle Spring Greeting Card

I'd like to share with you a DIY on creating this delicate card. First, I list all necessary materials and tools.

Materials:

• paper for watercolor, density 200-250g
  • scrapbook paper 1-2 sheet 30*30
  • a piece of cotton, linen
  • flowers (paper, fabric, knitted...)
  • sisal, raffia
  • die-cuts
  • waxed cord
  • shabby ribbon
  • lace
  • stamens
  • dotting pens
  • decorative clothespin
  • prime coating

Tools:

• cutting pad
  • metal ruler
  • art knife
  • board for scoring (knitting needle + ruler)
  • stapler
  • glue
  • brush
  • sewing machine (optional)

Cut a rectangle of 20*18 cm of watercolour paper. Next, you need to score the rectangle to make a base of 10*18 cm.

I score the base using the board. However, you can score with the knitting needle or blunt base of a pen:

The base is ready! Now cut out 2 rectangles of 9.5*17.5 cm and 2 rectangle of 9*17 cm from scrapbook paper. I was going to make the decor rich and heavy, so the back of the postcard needs to be well reinforced with the paper.

Glue 2 bases together. I used Crystal Moment.

To beautify, I made a decorative machine stitching.You can skip this step.

Smooth it from the inside with the stick for scoring.

The first "sandwich" can already be glued to the back. Put the piece for the front side for a while and move on to the fun part — decorating and fancy.

Take a piece of cotton or linen, suitable for the style and color. The size is approximately 2 - 2.5 times longer than the width of the card and randomly make beautiful bends. I secured the fabric with machine stitching, you can use the stapler.

Apply a "cushion" of sisal over. Set the direction to the shabby ribbon, lace, fasten the waxed cord. I fix everything with a couple of clips using the stapler.

Then pick all sorts of flowers. You need 1 - 2 large, several of medium size and lots of small flowers. I found suitable twigs, leaves, stamens.

Look for the best combination:

Glue all. At the end I spray white prime coating, slightly diluted with water, and black ink.

And glue the decorated workpiece to the base and to admire the finished work. That's how the card looks when open:

Thank you very much for your attention, hope you liked the DIY and I've inspired you!