Carving a Wooden Skull Pendant or Bead

Want to present you a short tutorial.
The size is 2 cm.
After I made a custom jewelry set with skulls, I was bombarded with requests to take pictures of the making process, and I would like to share them with you.
The work is carved from African ebony. This african blackwood is one of the most solid and dense on the planet. Its density is close to the density of bone. Therefore, the main carving is done with dental drills and rotary burrs.
The process of carving begins with the blank. Most often, craftsmen prefer cubes or quadrilaterals.
The skull can be drawn by hand or printed from pictures on the Internet in the right size, then glueb to the blank.
After the glue dries, cut the outlines of the skull from the front and sides. Or it can be punctured with an awl or needle to transfer to the blank.

Work through major shapes.

Gradually begin to emphasize details with smaller burrs.

When carving out such objects, I always look at the pictures on the computer at different angles. Gradually emphasizing parts more and more. Not to be mistaken in proportions.

Before working over small detail, I perfect the surface with fine needle files. Turn to very small burrs, dental and jewelry.

Also use small homemade cutters made of dull burrs. They are made from very high quality steel, have good cutting properties.
I cut very small parts with them, such as teeth. For convenient study of these small details I use binoculars.

After I cut teeth, I finally sand and polish all the parts.

Use very fine aтв small needle files, sandpaper with 220-240 grit glued on sticks and toothpicks. Some places are convenient to be treated with diamond burr simply using it as a needle file.
After that, I start grinding.
Use car sandpaper (240 / 360 / 500 / 800 sometimes 1000).
Polish with felt nozzles for a drill.

Theis is what a finished work looks like.
The pattern is cut with small cutters, which I mentioned above. The background is decorated with points, a 0.3 mm spherical burr was used.

Thank you for your attention and the time you've devoted to my DIY!