Sewing a Honey Bunny Spring Cap

Spring has struck me with such a simple and funny hat idea. The main charm is that they are perfect for a "pen test". This cap of fleece is perfect for a cold spring.

The best part of the process is the muzzle (perhaps only for them I started the cap). Buy acrylic paint for printing on fabric in an art shop. When buying, read on the jar for which fabrics it is intended. There are acrylic paints for natural fabrics and synthetic. Some let paint layers be more flexible. After applying, the image is ironed (from the inside). The cap can be washed in a machine in a gentle mode at 30°C.

1. You need ordinary materials and tools:

Fabric

Scissors

Thread

Measuring tape

Sewing machine

Acrylic paint for fabric

Sponge for washing dishes

2. Measure the head circumference of a child. I got 52 cm. Cut out a rectangle 45х23 cm out of footer — this will be the cap. When the HC is 49-50 cm, you need a 44х22 cm rectangle. But it is better to just apply fabric to the head before cutting. A rectangle with one seam is the base of the cap. The ears are cut out of 3.5x9 cm rectangles (folded as in the picture) but their size can be any.

3. Mark the centre line of the rectangle with pins. For drawing, cut out paper stencils. One stencil for each colour: 1) for a white circle, 2) for black elements of the nose and eyes, 3) for pink cheeks. Apply paint with a sponge. Dry each layer separately, apply them one by one. When the paint is dry, iron the back side and fix the paint with a hairdryer.

4. Select the weakest zigzag on your machine and set a needle for knitted fabrics. Sew on the machine leaving 1.5 cm unstitched. Footer is not necessarily tacked. It does not fray.

5. Finish stitching on the right side of the cap. Roll the edge of the fabric. Footer, like any stretching fabric, is easily wrapped at the edge. Drag the edge of the fabric and it will tend to roll. So, roll it and fix with a couple of stitches to the back seam.

6. Now turn the cap inside out, attach the ears and stitch the upper edge.

7. Now turn outside in and the cap is ready!

And these are the cute animals I was inspired by :)