Decorating a Fresh Spring DIY Wreath

I started doing it because I still had a Christmas one on the front door ... Yes, I'm ashamed. But without a wreath the door looks bald! :) And I had nothing to replace it with...

So an idea came to make a spring wreath.

So take:

- wreath base

- polymer clay

- rolling pin for clay

- cutters

- wood textured mold

- acrylic paint

- fine sandpaper

- fabric

- glue gun

So, let's start.

1. Take polymer clay of a suitable 'wooden' colour. From beige to dark brown.

I have collected many scraps of clay. By the way, a good idea for recycling! :)

Roll out a layer, thickness of 3-5 mm. I used an acrylic rolling pin for plastic.

2. Apply wood textured mold, roll out with the pin in different directions so that the texture printed better:

3. Cut out a house of paper of any configuration. This is the template. Apply and cut it:

4. Use cutters for cookies to cut out hearts and circles. The circles will be buttons. So you need to punch holes in them.

*When cutting I badly had an idea of the end result, so cut out more hearts than needed. :)

5. Now you have:

Make a hole in the roof of the house to insert the lace.

Bake it all in the oven (110 degrees, 20-25 min).

6. When the items are baked and cooled, cover them with acrylic paint. I covered in two layers:

*Region I is not specifically treated. I needed such uneven.

Already nice, but a little boring! So...

7. ... you have to wear out all a little bit! :) Just perfect with sandpaper — the texture would show through more clearly.

I like this much more!

That's all with the elements from clay. Now fabric. I made such flowers:

II will tell how to make them.

I didn't want to attach the whole decor with glue, so I decided to attach the flowers to the wreath. For that I simply glued cords with hot glue to the back side of the flowers!

8. Choose fabric and patterns of three sizes (large, medium, small).

Large flower — 1, medium — 2, and small — 2.

Fold the fabric with its back side inside. Outline. Sew on a sewing machine or by hand.

I know that many do not sew up to the end and leave a hole to turn the blank outside in and stuff. But I just make a cut in the middle for all that.

9. Turn ouside in, stuff and sew up the hole.

*If you want to get a relief flower, do not stuff tightly.

Well, then everything is clear :) Just tighten the flower criss-cross, and once again crosswise. Fix the thread from the underside of the flower after each turn.

10. The last thing left is to sew a button in the center:

Note! The flower in the photo was made separately to show how this all happens. Because I forgot to take photos. So that's why there's another button :)

Well, all the elements are ready! Now it's your turn.
They can be assembled in any sort of composition!
This is how it came out:

The base for the wreath was made of hay. What a flavour!
The house and the flowers are tied to it, and the hearts are glued with the gun.

Well, some more details.

Love shooting them:

And that is all!
Ready for spring! :)

I used polymer clay and FIMO tool, and Westfalenstoffe fabrics.