My Atelier, or How to Organize a Creative Space in Your Bedroom

Today I want to show you the place where I work: model, sew, draw, work on my computer.

For 8 years of my work, I had to organize my working place 7 times. It was a tiny desk, surrounded by toys, and a separate room. And even a separate workshop outside the house. Then again, a tiny space...

And now I will show you how I'm getting on at the moment :)

To begin with, we live in Berlin in a rented apartment. There are unfurnished apartments, so we bought all the furniture ourselves.

And I have space for my workshop in my bedroom only.

Of course, I would really like to have a private room... But we have only such conditions :)

Here are the details :)

1. My desk

The table length is 160 cm and it is not enough for me :) Going to change the top.

This countertop was bought in IKEA (like the rest of the furniture). In order to draw and work on the computer, use glue and create I always have to put something on it not to spoil. A very gentle lady it is :)

We will change it on a countertop for kitchen. It is unbreakable!

Over the desk — shelves and rails with the necessary good triffles that must be at hand.

Right on the wall — my info-stand. It needs long-term information, inspirational pictures and whatnot. I also pin important receipts / papers on it.

There is a box with a diary, notebook, account book and expenses, and other stationery near the computer.

It also keeps postal receipts, hand cream and a child's inhaler :)

A little more detail. I think that it is all clear without comments.

There is a calendar on the shelf on the right from the table.

2. Shelves and rails over the table have tapes of the tradable colours and hang on wooden holders. :)

These jars and containers have beads, seed beads, buttons, pendants, small wooden figures (butterflies / flowers), ready-made beads from fimo that I have made for later :)

Cookie cutters are in a grey container with flowers. I use them for polymer clay sometimes.

Here are some containers.

I always lay out all by colour or theme. The chore is to lay out all after work... the temptation to put everything in one pile is very large! :)

Here everything is clear: brushes, pencils, sharpener... In the pink jar — threads / bobbins, sets of needles. In the basket — threads of popular colours and a pincushion. There are cut-out-and-sewn doll's hands and legs.

Flowers of different sizes, shapes and shades. Beads in jars again.

Scraps of ribbons, lace, cords....

PVA glue, toothpicks, fimo gel, paint for glass and varnishes for polymer clay.

On hooks: scissors for fabric, standard and zig-zag.

Well, a Bunny.. just for fun! :)

3. A bedside-table underneath.

The drawers are over :)

4. My rack. There is a camera, sewing machine, box of blanks, and even a few mail boxes. And a roll of Kraft :)

On it: a box of padding polyester, other fabric, that are used seldom.

One of the white boxes stores photos decor. All sorts of cute little things with different themes I use for photos.

One of the pink boxes — all for mail, small boxes, postal bags... another has tapes.

Well, let's look inside the boxes :)

This is the box with ribbons.

Here lie the findings for jewellery assembling. It is placed in containers.

A box of fimo. Well, everything is clear :)

Started pieces are stored so:

My favorite is the box with fabrics :)

The most basic is shown.
A few common plans.

In the pink box — the reserve of thread and a roll of spider threads.

Oh Yes! The chair! I really wanted it! It is white :) But it is a horrible nightmare. Of course, one can sit on it for an hour or so, but it is unreal to work for 6-8-10 hours! The back has no support. I asked Santa Claus to present me a large office chair :)

Here is all, perhaps, I wanted to show you...

The main thing to remember is that there are no ideal conditions ever! They can be awaited for years and one would suffer. So start doing something now.

Let your space be not what you are dreaming. But it will be soon :)
And dreams come true if we love what we have at this moment :)