Street Art by Granny Anna: Ultramarine Miracles

The most beautiful art always comes from the heart, it doesn’t need any comments or interpretations, everyone can feel and understand it. Some people have a special gift — to create things touching everyone. One of them is certainly Anežka Kašpárková — a 87-year-old granny living in the south of Czech Republic.

Despite her advanced age, grandma Anna devotes most of her day to creativity, covering white walls of houses and churches of her homeland with ultramarine patterns. With all the seriousness and dedication, this elderly artist works even in poor weather because she is eager to brighten as much space around her as possible. All floral designs she creates are unique. Paint, which is used by Anna, is very expensive, but guarantees that the pictures will survive for at least two years, will not fade or suffer from rainfall.

The passion for painting came to Anne about thirty years ago, after she had retired. In my opinion, it gives hope to all those who haven’t found themselves in creative work yet — a muse will visit you when the time comes!

By the way, Anna doesn’t believe that she creates real works of art. ‘Why, am I an artist? I'm just doing what I like and want to help,’ she says. But we all understand how great it is.