All on a Plate: 50 Cool Ideas for Kid's Craft

Recently, getting ready for moving, I found a great plenty of paper plates in kitchen cabinets left over the past few years after picnics and parties. Then all the advantages of a paper plate came to my mind — they are perfectly round, slightly convex, almost always divided into quadrants, easily cut and bent, immediately get soggy, unlike cardboard, and, well, this is a very cheap material for the realization of ideas, so I simply could not bring myself to throw all this abundance away.

And so I decided to surf the Net what one can create of them, not only beautiful or amusing ideas, but even slightly functional. Well, according to the tradition, I share the most interesting options with you. Of course, mostly all ideas belong to the category of kid’s craft but some options may be useful for those who don't need to occupy kids with funny games.

I'll start with the ‘zoo’ — it is very simple. You need paint, scissors, paper for making missing parts or ready printed parts.

Two representatives of the cat family. Leo is as relevant as ever. By the way, his eyes are made from plastic spoons:

A cat with whiskers from chenille wire is charming:

A dog from the same series. Moreover, if it is not intended to keep the finished composition, the same eyes can be used repeatedly. And any water-soluble paint, like gouache, washes off easily, so there’s much fun to play even with only one paper plate:

And here're other funny cats and dogs, from two plates each:

A decorative panel The Merry Whale in Profile will also require time to be painted and cut out:

And a rhinoceros in three-quarters is cut out from one plate:

There is also a perky monkey among the mammals:

Ornithology lovers also have the space:

Unfortunately, I haven’t found a photo of a ready dove at this scheme, but the drawing makes it all quite clear:

Two kinds of aquariums and a turtle:

A couple of insects. I like the fact that they have moving parts. A worm hidden in the apple, the wings of the ladybugs may hide, for example, greetings or daily schedule of a toddler:

This chameleon just struck me. The bottom plate is painted in different colours (before that it might have served as a palette), and the lizard is cut out of the upper one. You rotate the upper detail and the chameleon changes its colour. Magical!

Paper plates can be turned into the Noah's ark or a UFO:

And here are interesting bunnies. The first serves as a basket for sweets:

And the second is an educational game. You need to feed the rabbit with biscuits with the number of chocolate crumbs you got on a card. The Bunny is happy!

Paper plates are also great musical instruments. Stationery elastics strung on a banjo would actually sound:

And for a real tambourine, the construction of plates should be better provided with bells:

Plates may be used to create a funny outfit for a photo shoot — make masks and headgear:

Children will love a sundial and weather watches:

What do you think of a Cook board game? There was a similar game with the cards in my childhood, but here everything is much more clear, and it looks very appetizing:

The paper plates and weaving theme is really vast. Moreover, the plate is used both as a weaver’s loom and a finished frame:

Compositions in the techniques of weaving and string art:

This great material will let you make a festive panel or an original mandala — just use your imagination:

And quite a practical thing — game purse. You make holes with a hole puncher, and the kid laces up the two parts together, getting a durable accessory which can really store something:

The same principle is used to create an organizer for details:

And here's another great idea:

These designs are already much harder, but they look impressive — a real project for kids over the weekend:

Homemade cookies could be presented in such a box:

An idea for those whose friends have not been spared by the pokemonmania:

And the plates may be used to make reusable stencils for painting:

A stylish floor lamp:

Or even a designer dress!

Get inspired, fantasize and create with joy!

Thank you for your attention.