Making Sweet Organizers out of Cans

To make such an organizer, you need:

1. Cans of different heights and diameter.

2. Bas on which you arrange them.

3. Scraps of fabric.

4. Fleece.

5. Scraps of ribbons, braid.

6. Glue.

7. Sewing machine.

8. Screws for number of cans and a screwdriver.

Because cans have a thickening edge in the upper and lower parts, and often ribbed wall, the first thing we need to smooth them. First apply fleece on the walls, not capturing the thickening. Join the fabric tightly.

Then put fleece so to cover the can completely. I made the joint in the other place.

After that it is necessary to align the bottom. First, it will be easier to stick the fabric, and secondly, there is no risk to damage it upon screwing. For leveling, you can take some bulk cardboard: beer or thin cardboard (thin and dense, it is important). The main thing is to cut with scissors, it'squicker :) I glued two layers.

Now let your imagination run wild.

The strips for winding need to be cut out with allowances of 1.5 cm on the long sides and 1 cm on the short sides. The fabric should fit the jar very tight, with stretch.

But there is one tip. When you stitch a strip, fabric does not stretch any more. But when fitting, you will focus on the place where there is no braid. And it may be so that the cover does not fit the jar n this place. So I would recommend to slightly bevel the line at the beginning and at the end, so that the fabric did not move freely, and the tape didn't get stuck.

Now the tip. To put on fabric, put the jar in an ordinary bag. But necessarily so, like in the picture, to reach the bottom.

Then the fabric will fit smoothly. Do not rush to pull it out until you are sure that the fabric fits the way you need.

The top seam allowance is folded and glued inside, it is constantly pulled down. Then you avoid creases. In the seam area, the fold goes smoothly, cut the seam allowance along up to 1 mm and glue this mm, spreading and pressing it.

The bottom seam allowance is cut slightly not reaching the bottom of the can 2-3 mm and then cut the corners.

When gluing, it is important pull each "petal" one by one to the center.

Now the inside. Take cardboard. Its density is smaller then the diameter of the can.

It is important to leave a small gap between the edges.

Now another tip. Pull the cardboard over the edge of the table to slightly roll it.

Now cut fabric for the cardboard.

Make a few cuts before reaching 2 mm to the edge. Apply the blank to the can. It may have some extra mm.

Put the cardboard inside carefully not to stain the top edge.

Press the junction with clothespins.

Wrap the cans the way you did it before.

After that arrange the cans so that the joint was closed with a nearby can. Fasten the cans with screws.

Now make the bottom. Measure the can's bottom diameter. The difference between the upper and lower diameter is very strong. It's very easy to use compasses.

I used thick felt.

Well, my daughters couldn't wait when I finish the work :)

I hope my experience was useful and interesting for you)