Printing Stamps with Your Own Hands

Perhaps, it's not the season for mushrooms now, but I want to share the experience of printing them.

Every time I see rosewood stamps, I want to trasnfer my own sketches into wood because it takes time to get them from warm India and the number of ideas I have loose their charm.
So I started making my own stamps of plywood: I scan sketches and vectorise the images.

Send the images for laser cutting (just cutting, engraving is much more expensive).
The plywood is 4 mm, for the base — 20-30 mm (I do not recommend less than 1 cm which is not strong enough).

Assemble all the layers using carpenter's glue (or PVA) and clamp them (the pressure should be very strong).

The stamp is ready!

This is extremely important: protect the stamps from moisture! Soak in oil: put for a day in linen oil and leave to dry for 2-3 weeks. Varnish may crust and oil gives you a flexible inner protective layer which penetrates deeply.

Working stamps

Stamps of plywood compared with rosewood ones

Fabric with the pattern

This is a very nice way to work some patterns. They are durable (my previous ones lived for more than two years).
Enjoy your creativity!