DIY Project: Cozy Weaved Basket from Felt Remains

Today, I invite you to look with me in an atelier of craftswomen weaving a cute and convenient basket from the remains of felt which can be contain all sorts of different things and decorate your interior.

The work that we will perform today almost does not involve sewing!

For the manufacture of the basket of 14 cm x 14 cm x 10 cm you need

- 19 strips of felt of a width of 2 cm and length of 50-57 cm

Take first 7 strips and put them exactly next to each other. For convenience in operation the ends can be fastened with pins or clips.

Clips are more convenient to use. Hold the ends as shown in photo:

Take strip 8 and put it across the first seven ones, exactly in the middle, passing it above or below.

Take the next strip and put it next to the previous one, weaving in a similar way. You can use clips to secure the strips.

Continue weaving:

... Until you have 7 x 7 strips.

Thus the bottom of the basket is ready, it's time to move on to walls. For this you need the remaining 5 strips. They need to be connected in a ring, end to end, without overlapping. You can do this with a needle and thread, glue or even a stapler.

Take the first ring and begin to weave it into the walls:

Continue, moving on to the next wall:

Similarly, a ring is formed from all four sides of the basket:

Take the second ring and inweave the same way:

And then the next rings:

All in all 5 rings, it's time to finish the basket. Long tails need to be cut.

To close the top of the basket, take the clips and secure them using the ends alternating inner and outer sides:

First fasten the ends on the outer side. To do this, insert each of them, one by one, as shown in photo:

So you should have:

Now turn the basket inside out and all the internal tails become outer ones.

Insert them the same way.

Turn the basket outside in. The main work is over, so come up with decor. I decided to do it with the help of cotton cord and transfer stickers.

Pass the cord along the top edge of the basket. You can leave handles, tie the ends of the cord with a knot.

Now prepare the stickers. Take white gluing felt and iron.

Put the sublimation paper with the picture down on the felt and iron.

It is desirable to fix the picture on felt with a special thermo- or painting tape.

Periodically, you can check how well the picture is transfered lifting the edge of the paper.

When everything is ready, turn off the iron and unstick the tape, remove the paper layer. The picture is transferred.

Cut stickers out of felt for the loop:

Now you have to stick the picture and the tag on the basket. Unstick the back paper and stick on the basket:

Stick on the right side:

That's done! You can use it :)

Later I found pins and attached them:

Enjoy your creativity!