Designing a Bracelet from Polymer Clay

I offer to design a hard bracelet from polymer clay without wooden or metal base.

You need:

- polymer clay of several colours

- remains of polymer clay

- liquid gel (preferably Sculpey)

- modeling base: empty can, glass or glass jar, bottle, etc.

- pasta-machine

- blade

- extruder

- sandpaper of different grits from 600 to 2000

Deliberately do not specify the exact dimensions and thickness of the layers, as there are no clear recipes. Do as your imagination will prompt :)

1. Work up the remains.

2. Form a long strip of different widths, thickness about 5 mm. Wrap the strip around the can or bottle, join the ends and carefully smooth them.

3. Shape the bracelet pressing the edges, making them thinner. Smooth the form with starch.

4. Bake.

5. Work up all colours of polymer clay. Mix the desired colours. In this case warm colours are used: yellow, yellow-orange, dark pink. Cold: blue, turquoise, dark blue, dark green. Plus white and dark brown (instead of black).

6. Make two colour transitions from white to yellow and from dark yellow to dark pink. Make a little white sausage. Mix yellow with pink to receive red and orange colour. Roll out on the pasta machine.

7. Wrap the white barrel with the colour transition strip (from white to yellow).

8. Wrap it with a layer of red and orange. Then the strip with the transition from yellow to pink. And a layer of pink polymer clay.

9. And finally, a very thin layer of yellow and dark brown.

10. Make sausage thinner. Make some sizes. On the same principle, form a sausage of cold colours.

11. Apply gel on the base. I recommend to use Sculpey, as it is more thick and sticky than Fimo.

12. Squeez the sausages from both sides to shape rhombs. Use sharp blade to cut it into layers with a thickness of 1-2 mm. And lay out on the base.to each other on the basis of alternating small and large sections.

13. Do the same with blue sausages.

14. Cut the excess formed by the smooth surface of the bracelet. Bake for about 20 minutes.

15. While the bracelet is being baked, prepare clay for the inside. The sausage of yellow clay is wrapped in a thin layer of dark green.

Roll a long thin sausage, cut into several segments and spread nearby.

Extreme sausage need to be a little flattened and put together between two layers of dark green clay.

16. Similarly, make the same of yellow and pink clay.

17. Roll out some colours on the pasta machine. You can make a block with a smooth transition of colours (here from yellow to pink).

And add them to each other, mixing with thin contrasting colours.

Squeeze a little using the roller.

18. The inner side is covered with gel.

19. The bar is cut into thin layers and laid out on the inner side. The layers can be shifted relatively to each other. They can be cut into 2-3 pieces lengthwise and put between the layers.

20. All the layers are rolled up.

21. And all the loose ends are cut with a sharp knife.

22. Bake for about 20 minutes.

23. Sanpaper the entire surface of the bracelet from all sides. 400-600 grit.

24. Force a dark brown cord with the help of the extruder.

25. Apply gel on the edge of the bracelet and put the cord on it.

26. Smooth the strip with fingers. Bake for 10 minutes.

27. Similarly work with the second side. The final firing takes at least 30 minutes.

28. Sandpaper the whole bracelet, grit from 600 to 2000. Polish with a cloth. The bracelet is ready!

You can make a necklace to match it the same way.

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial! If so, click Like! :) Then I'll know that I didn't work in vain and will prepare new DIYs!

Have a nice day!

Yours,

Karina