DIY Guide on a Wonderful Spring Wreath

Spring is comming, and immediately I wanted to somehow "bring" it in the interior, so after a little thought, I decided to make a spring wreath used as decoration for Easter, or simply enjoy it all spring at home.

Materials and tools:

- branches of trees (willow — they are soft and easy to braid, and birch — for texture and volume. The branches should be soft, not dry, otherwise they will break, not bend)

- quail eggs

- violet willow twigs

- white thread and a hook

- twine

- thin sturdy wire

- cutters for metal

- instant glue, transparent and hot gun (optional)

- decorative elements to your taste (I used ribbons, raffia, artificial flower, wooden ladybugs, decorated popsicle stick)

- and of course, a bit of patience, desire and mood :)

So, start with collecting the twigs, a good wash and drying.

Then take the wire and cut it to pieces. Gather a part of birch twigs, adding a couple of willow branches and fasten with the wire in intervals, as if bandaging it.

After fixing it all in a circle, add thinner twigs in the places where they turned out even the same way.

Next, braid it with willow branches trying to make it as even as possible.

Twine our wreath in equal intervals, thereby strengthening it and removing extra twigs trying to cover up the wire. If something doesn't want to be fixed, cut it off.

Well, the base of our wreath is ready, now go to the very pleasant part — decor. I'll tell you what I did, but everyone can add their own elements based on your taste.

First, I added willow branches. Just poked them under the existing twine and wire.

Then take three quail eggs, gently make holes with a knife on one side and remove all content through them, then thoroughly wash and dry. One egg is toned blue.

Now, make a nest from thin twigs to just put the twigs in a circle and tie them with a string.

Fasten the nest with a thin sewing thread to the wreath from several sides for reliability, having placed a ribbon raffia under it. Glue our eggs to the nest and each other with the glue or hot gun.

Then I wanted some flowers from white threads. I crocheted them and attached using the hot gun.

To support the blue colour of the egg, I added a blue artificial flower. Tied a bow of raffia. Added some other decorations.

Our wreath is ready! Look for a suitable place to hang — on a door, window, wall (underline) and admire it creating a spring mood!

Yours,

Inna