How to Create Original Smouldering Spark Earrings

None of the flames is different, but together they merge into one. They are happy to warm a living room every night...

My aim was to create different, but at the same time the same earrings, every item of which should not have been repeated, but the earrings should look like one set.

Materials:

Miyuki 11/0 seed beads, 15/0 gold and steel colours

Self-adhesive round rhinestones: sizes ss3, ss4, ss5, ss7, ss8, ss10, colours: Jet, Graphite, Crystal, Siam

Self-adhesive rhinestones Flame Flat Back No HF: 7.5 mm, 10mm, Light Siam and Fire Opal

Bicone 3mm Jet, Graphite, Metallic Sunshine, 4mm Graphite Bicone

Graphite Drops 30x20 mm

Graphite, Astral Pink Drops of 18x13 mm

Graphite, Astral Pink Drops 14x10 mm

Golden Shadow, Silver Night Raindrops 11mm

Chaton Montees 4mm: Golden Shadow, Silver Night, Black Diamond

Golden rims for all crystals

Golden thread, 1 mm light gold

Earring fixtures, threads, needles.

Glue for crystals, glue for the inside.

The basis for embroidery (dense felt), eco-suede for the inside.

So, let's start!

1. Glue the elements:

• Clean the surface of the crystal with a liquid with alcohol content (I used nail polish remover with acetone)
  • Stir both components of the glue in the proportions, which are written in the instructions (in my case 1:1)
  • Apply dots of glue on the rhinestones,. Apply very little glue, otherwise it will leak in the corners.
  • Put the rhinestones on the right places with special tools for crystallizers or just tweezers / tweezers and press to be sure, that glue has seized with the whole surface of the crystals. There is a possibility to move and improve something within a couple of minutes.

So, the rhinestones glued on the crystals:

No stone is repeated :)

2. Sew the crystals to the dense felt. If they are constantly shifting, you can glue them a little bit to the embroidery base.

Then pass several times with thread through the holes in the rims to make sure that nothing is moved:

3. Insert Raindrops in the caps:

Sew them:

4. It is much more difficult to achieve the steadiness of small elements than sew large ones, so again you can use a drop of glue.

5. Sew chatons.

6. Now you need to build embers, as the earrings are called Smouldering Sparks.

• Make a bridge of 11/0 and 15/0 golden beads at the side of a big drop.
  • Add soft golden thread over the bridge, two pieces (blue arrow).
  • Embroider a row of Graphite bicones under the bridge, size 3 and 4 mm, three 4mm bicones in the middle, one or two 3 mm bicones at the edges, it will be the middle row of coals (red arrow).
  • The upper row, consisting of two 3 mm bicones: pass the needle between the middle row of the bicones and the edge, pick two 15/0 seed beads, one bicone and one 15/0 bead, pass again through the bicone and two seed beads and sew to the same place where you started (grey arrow).

So the small pieces of coal look this way:

7. Carefully cut out the felt as close to the crystals as possible, repeating every curve, trying not to touch the threads:

This is how the backside looks at the moment:

8. For the backside, I have black faux suede. Glue the base to it. I didn't need any cardboard because felt was quite dense and held its shape.

9. Cut suede along the same outline, without leaving allowances:

The result looks this way now:

10. Embroider the edge with simple stitches or with beads the way I did (18-19)

11. Use 3mm Jet and Graphite bicones along the contour of the pieces of coal.

12. Use steel seed beads along the rhinestones:

The backside:

13. If you wish, you can add some golden thread in places where holes of rim are seen:

14. See where I stopped and left the thread: the earring fixture is attached there, next to the crystal (not the edge of seed beads).

Pick beads, bicones and findings:

The second earring has the same set, but of a different colour:

15. Fasten from the other side.

The first earring is ready, make the second one and enjoy the asymmetry:

The backsides seem to be calling: "Decorate me, decorate me" :)

16. Well, I have to decorate! Again the selection of patterns:

Glue rhinestones on suede.

Well, you can finally admire the result:

That's all, friends :)
I'd be happy if everything is clear, or ask me any question.

The rest of my workshops are here: directory master-classes >>

Enjoy your creativity, my dear!