DIY Christmas Candle Holder at Home

Good afternoon. I want to share a little idea. New year holidays are comming, I think this DIY may be helpful. You can do it together with your children. The work is quite simple and relevant on New Year or Christmas holidays. And most importantly — not expensive!!!

At the first step, you need

- salt dough (I didn't try to use clay, if anyone did, please share your experience)

- seeds (simple black sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds like I hused, or watermelon (I tried them, it's ok)

- and a little candle (or the one you like)

Roll a dough ball slightly pressing it between the palms, put it on the mat where it will be getting dry (I used cut juice box cardboard) and press with a candle. Stick in the seeds (kids really love this).

The dough dries in the process, I wetted the brush with water, the seeds stick better. Optionally, you can roll more balls. I dry them on a windowsill for a few days or in the oven at 80-100 degrees if I'm in a hurry.

Paint: I used gouache and acrylic paints — they are even brighter. It should be better varnished after painting. Decorate with bows if you wish. I used a pinch of semolina groats instead of artificial snow. That's all. The candle holder is ready.

And with the balls )))

We made a whole set ))) Modeled eveen Christmas trees for kindergarten.

The candle holders look beautiful in the interior when there are several pieces!

I wish you all nice Christmas creativity! The occasion is comming soon )))