How to Make a Decorative Сock-a-Doodle-Doo Ribbon on Your Own

It is still far away from Easter, but one can already feel spring comming, the hustle and bustle of preparation, and the desire to bring the celebration, so I share this DIY with you — can be used to implement many different ideas.

Everyone knows how to make stamps. I'll show you how I used them to decorate a tape. I chose a decor close to the theme of Easter, it's chicken. Use your fantasy and print any image to your taste.

So, you need:

- fabric (I used flax), contrasting the colour of the picture, it's better to take a monochrome one

- acrylic paint (I used gouache this time, because I do not expect to wash the tape and use to much)

- thin brush

- scissors

- ruler

- needle and thread

- wine or champagne cork

- sharp knife

I just gathered a piece of fabric in folds from its both ends to get a beautiful fringe. Choose the length at your discretion.

Then cut the cork into two parts, of different sizes.

Then evenly cut the ends of the halves.

Mark out the points of the future stamps with the ruler (a compasses) on the ribbon.

I did not dare to print directly on the tape and took a test piece of the same fabric. To be sure ))) First, with the larger half.

Yeah... Ok... Stamp on the ribbon.

It turns out cool... )))))

The bodies are ready... Take the smaller half and print the wings.

In my opinion, it came out not so bad...

Now take the thin brush, red paint and gently draw the beak, legs and combs. The eyes are drawn with a marker.

Details are left... Take a needle and thread and sew with a simple stitch. The idea was to use two colours, white and red, but I changed my mind in the process, I thought white would be enough.

Make another line from another side.

Here is what I got...

Hope you liked it. Enjoy your creativity! )))