Icing Painting: Easter Gingerbread Greeting Card

Today I will show you how to paint a bear with an Easter egg on a gingerbread postcard.

We will paint using sugar and protein icing.

For this you need:

1. A rectangle cookie with two holes on one side. Below, I posted the template — cut the piece of dough and use the pattern for painting. Make 2 holes after you cut the rectangle of dough with a cocktail tube or a marker cap (before baking).

2. Liquid glaze of white, yellow, red, black, orange and brown colours — I use sugar and protein icing; to make the icing, you need 1 protein and about 180 g of riddled powdered sugar and a few drops of lemon juice. The consistency should be like a thick shower gel so that it didn't run when being used for thin outlines but was liquid enough to flow down from a spoon when filling the background, forming a flat surface. I also use AmeriColor food colouring.

3. Paper stencil with the image of a bear (3 pcs)

4. Thick needle (to correct uneven lines)

5. Disposable pastry bags with a 03 and 0 nozzle by Ateco or zip-bags (I cut a corner to make a small hole)

6. Black food marker

7. Soft brush (I use 08 Wilton), black CK blossom dust

Well, let's start!

To start with, draw the basic outline white. Then gradually fill the entire space with the icing. Personally, I draw the contour, once more from the inner side, and then, starting with the top edge, gradually apply lines of icing. If you have the right icing consistency. When you're over with the background, smooth the surface with the needle and fill the free parts. It is important to make a thick layer, then the glaze will be evenly distributed forming a flat surface.

Let it dry out, it needs approximately 5 hours — you need dense background to go on painting.

When the background is dry, use a food marker and the paper template to transfer the outline of the bear.

Now draw the contour with thick dark gray icing (take 0 nozzle if you use a bag). Now fill the space inside grey, painting the legs and head. After that, fill the ehh with white icing. Let it dry out for at least 2-3 hours.

When the icing is dry, draw the thick outline of the paws again, if necessary.

Now draw the nose and ovals of the paws light grey. Then the eyes and other small details on the face dark grey.

Wait for about an hour (until the nose dries out) and paint the nose and the pattern on the egg light blue.

Now take the food marker to draw the naps.

After that, take the blossom dust. Carefully apply it with the brush slightly touching the ground below.

That is all, the cookie card is ready!

This DIY may be quite difficult for beginners, but if you try and practice, the result will worth it.

If something is not quite clear or you have any questions - ask me, maybe something was missed.

Enjoy your creativity!

Yours,

Tatiana Koshantayeva