Enchanted Forest, or the Transformation of a Watering Can

Today I will make a magical watering pot. Rather, the watering pot is ordinary, from IKEA, but the forest on it is surely magical. Remember the tale about Sleeping Beauty? Pricked by a spindle, she fell asleep, and the whole Kingdom with her — the King and Queen, castle, forest, court, birds, flowers and trees. The watering pot will only lack the Sleeping Beauty, but there will be the forest that hid her from evil in expectation of the Prince.

So, you need:

1. Watering galvanized can from IKEA
  2. Prestige paint for metal
  3. Acrylic paint
  4. Medium antik
  5. Acrylic relief paste
  6. PVA glue
  7. Acrylic semi matt varnish (I used Belinka)
  8. Raisin liquid
  9. Mold with birds
  10. Palette knife, brushes, sponge for dishes, dried flowers, linen lace

1. Degrease the watering can with a varnish remover or Fairy. And cover it with paint for metal. For this purpose I use a sponge, you can just throw it away afterwards. I cover the can with two layers with a four-hours break for drying in between.

2. Once the second layer dries out, I cover the can with acrylic paint, I use a Turkish Cadence, linen and taffy colours. This time I painted it taffy.

3. After drying, I mixed thin embossed acrylic pasta (70%) with PVA (30%), and applied with a palette knife on one side of the watering can.

4. I pushed a piece of linen lace in the bottom.

5. And above, I pressed in the dried flowers.

6. Then I left to dry for 6 hours, and applied some PVA glue with the sponge on the surface. And again left to dry. I left it to dry again. And decoratedd the second half of the watering can the same way.

7. After the both halves have dried, I coated all bright taffy, then decided to 'dirty' it with flax colour, and then taffy on top again. Such a multi layered decoration turned out. And then I varnished the watering can, applied three coats with drying pauses between each layer for 2-3 hours.

8. Next, I took the antique, a Turkish Cadence, and covered the watering can, especially under the dried flowers in all the hollows. And left them to dry for approximately 20 minutes.

9. After that, I rubbed high areas and the lcan with a wet cloth without nap to create a pattern, volume.

10. Then I took a dry bristle brush, taffy paint and applied it again on the whole surface, especially on high areas and dark places, like if shading them.

11. Then varnished the whole lake again, three coats with drying time between the layers. Meanwhile, I made the birds. I took a mold with birds, mixed Risen with water in the proportion 1 : 0.5 and poured into the mold, left to dry. I usually leave it on a battery, it dries out approximately for a night, but the battery is cold now, so I turned on the electric cooker, put all that on a plate and switched on periodically to make it warm.

12. When the birds dry out, get them from the mold, paint antique and then light acrylic, glue on the watering can.

13. I coloured a piece of twine, glued it to the top of the watering can. And varnished all with the birds 3 more times with the drying time between the layers. I attached metal accessories on the ends of the twine.
And the can is ready!