Crocheting Round the Edge of a Napkin

I offer to turn the remains of a tablecloth into napkins for a festive table!

For this you need:

1. Fabric

2. Iris cotton threads

3. 0.8 and 1,5 hooks (I don't know the brand so the numbers may be different)

4. Scissors, needle and threads for overstitching

The method I offer is quite simple and freshmen who have already tried crocheting will cope with it.

So, let's start!

Take a fabric tablecloth of 20,5 × 20,5 cm

This time, the edges didn't need processing, as the fabric is not fraying. If you have such fraying fabric, you'd better overlock it.

Bend 0.5 cm of the edges and overstitch them. At the end, you will remove the thread, and to make it easier, take a bright contrasting thread so it was clearly visible under the lacing.

The preparatory work is done.

In the next stage, proceed directly to crocheting round the edge.

First you need to choose the hook to fit the fabric, not damaging it or leaving big holes. Through trial and error, I found the 0,8 hook (do not known the brand). It passed freely through the fabric and grabs the thread used for crocheting more or less normally.

Lay the napkin with the right side up.

Make the first loop of the thread, gently insert the needle through fabric of the napkin and grab the thread, working a double crochet. Then step back 5 mm, again pierce the fabric and work a double crochet. Thus all four edges are crocheted round. You need not crochet too tight, otherwise the naplin will shrivel and look sad.

Such a neat edge camу out.

Next, you will crochet round the lace part and here you can choose any option: make a beautiful wide lace or a thin one — all at your taste.

I chose a border of a medium width. I really liked it.

Sorry for the quality of the patetrn, but this is what my inner draughtsman is like :)

At the end, remove the contrasting thread and steam the item.

Finally, you have this fancy napkin which can decorate a festive table.

And if you make a few, it is possible to present it, for example, at a housewarming party :)

Thank you for your attention!

Do not judge strictly — this is my first DIY!