DIY Art Fabric for Your Own Items

I am often asked how I make cloth for my items. So I share. In principle, I did not invented particularly anything. This technique is often used by American craftsmen. I will tell you how I do it. The technique resembles pizza.

You need:

- fabric base

- glue cobweb

- pieces of various fabricks

- tulle or organza

- threads of different colours (for machine)

- different yarn

- baking paper

What to do:

Put the main fabric on the table, I used calico. Then put the glue cobweb on it, fabric scraps so they covered the base, lay out the yarn and cover all with tulle or organza.

Iron through the baking paper and stitch with a free-running technique on the sewing machine. Who does not know this, just choose a straight stitch.

Decorate the whole 'cake' with various stitches using all modes of the sewing machine and that's it.

Further, it is possible to leave it so, but I take a soldering iron or hot hair dryer (for embossing). Take a building dryer with a low speed mode, begin to blow hot air on the fabric. It is important not to overdo it and melt the coloured scraps.

The top layer of tulle or organza is melted and the scraps are getting straighter. In short, such a creative textile miracle turns out. Well, and then sew all you want from this fabric, toys or clothes. Good luck!

Thank you for your attention.

When copying the material, please provide an active link to the source!