DIY Field of Daisies Painting

A field daisy is my favorite flower. It's simplicity captivates and beckons.

Daisy – a cute, charming flower. It is usually accompanied by the epithet "humble", "field", but it's hard to do without it when twining a wreath or gathering a bouquet. These little white flowers highlight even beautiful red roses in a bouquet so that it becomes even more festive.

Let's start with a small picture, size 15 x 20 cm.

Step 1. Preparing the necessary materials

- piece of fabric (crepe satin, 30 x 30 cm)

- hoop (d=20 cm)

- Turkish Majestic tape (white of about 3m (4 and 10 mm width) and green of about 1m (4 mm width)

- Chenille wide eye needle

- 36 yellow Denim threads (for hearts) and different knitting green ones for twigs

- lighter

- scissors

- Decola fabric paint

- frame

Step 2. Threading a ribbon in the needle

2.1. Pull approximately 5-7 cm of the tape into the needle.

2.2. Make a puncture at a distance of 1.5 cm from the edge.

2.3. Pass the needle with the ribbon through it, pull the needle completely and pull it over the short edge of the tape.

2.4. Make a лтще at the other end of the tape. Fold the tape in half and pierce it with a needle and pass the needle with the ribbon through the entire length of the tape. For narrow knots, a usual fixing knot can be used (as for threads).

2.5. The edge of the tape should be preferably fused with a quick movement of a lighter.

Step 3. Embroidering the petals.

Use a usual straight stitch and stitch with curl (to stick the needle into the ribbon, and then in the fabric). After each pulling, adjust the tape forming a natural curve ofthe petal. You need not ighten the tape much. One can fix the tape from the back of the embroidery with a lighter, gently fusing the edge of the tape and pressing it to the fabric or tape in the right place.

Step 4. Embroidering the heart of the daisy

For this, I used yellow 36 Denim thread in the bobbin.

4.1. Make twist the thread around the needle end one time with your left hand, pin the needle into the point you need.

4.2. Pull the thread with your left hand so that it grabbed the needle.

4.3. Fully pull the needle to the back side of the embroidery. On the right side, you get a nice French knot.

4.4. So, repeat this many times until the middle of the flower is filled up completely.

Step 5. Embroidering the greens

Several elements of greenery embroider with ribbons. Also use any threads of natural green hues from the subtle to sewing to knitting.

Step 6. Framing and toning the embroidery

Our embroidery is ready. You can put it in a frame yourself, like I did, or use the service of a frame shop.

Used Decola fabric paint. I prefer shading after the embroidery is dressed in a frame. So it is possible to evenly distribute the strokes to to compensate the missing elements.

Success!