Camp Mouline Organizer

Are we going to make an organizer for those who like travelling and crafting at the same time. It very convenient to be used on the journey, in hotel, in the country.

Pick the fabrics. My choise looked like this:

I wanted some sea and summer heat in this cold Russian June... you can do with one colour, but it's not my way :)

Cut out 3 rectangles of 20х50 cm (jeans for the top; rim for the inner part; sintepon for the inside).

1 rectangle of 13х50 cm of fabric for the 'charger' - mine is blue.

A bias binding with the total length of 2x20+2х50= 140 cm – I have flowered one. You can take a ready one.

Fold the fabric for the charger (if it was very thin, glue with vliezeline) down the longer side to its back side at 3 cm.

You need not sew.

Get a rectangle of 10х50 cm. Mark this rectangle. 3 cm from each edge and 2 cm between the lines.

If the fabric for the inner part is thin, it should also be glued.

Sew the charger to the marks. Remember the holdfasts at the top of the pockets!

Remove the marks.

The inner part is ready!

I checked that the stays pass in and out easily :)

Proceed to the outer part. Take 2 rectangles of fabric for the top and the batting and put them together. Decorate the top at your taste. I decided to take a greatly frayed Levis jeans pocket for storaging of small tools, and also I used it as a pincushion - insert the needles vertically, so that you did not to prick yourself when tightening the organizer! The pocket has a secret – a secret inner pocket with Velcro - just don't tell anyone! :)

There is a loop under the pocket – one may tie or to fasten scissors, a pincushion with it... or at least your keys!

And, Yes...

During the game of creating, a thing has been replaced! I replaced jeans with the GIVING GARDEN fabric – I wanted to add red accents :)

So, the red accent is the little button! Yes, it's red, large and with holes – just the way I like:)

If you are a fan of such buttons like me, then sew it according to the rules: you need quite a high stem. However, you can take a button on a stalk already, make a fastener with Velcro (note! The easiest variant!) and sew ties. All this relates to decoration and your imagination only!

Well, I needed a loop for the button. For those who are with me: the distance from the edge to the middle of the buttons is 19 cm

If you doubt, fill in the organizer, roll it and mark the place for sewing the button.

Take the top and inner parts, put them with their back sides to each other and pin. Trim the edges. I rounded the corners – you can use a template, but any handy tool would also be good ;)

Sew all layers together. I am a person lazy, so I sew all together with a tape!

Then treat the edge with the tape. I will not teach you how to do it, the tapes are all different, there are several ways, so choose it yourself – my way is on the pictures.

So, the organizer is ready, the last thingis to fill it with a spectacular embroidery and go on a trip!

And finally! This organizer is sold together with the contents (30 stays, 20 twists of melange and Gamma multicolor - a new colour scheme, scissors for embroidery, washable marker, RTO embroidery needle) for 1600 RUB

All contents of the organizer, materials and tools for its production can be bought on Livemaster.

And here are a couple of ideas for using this organizer:

Wish all success!
I welcome your questions on this DIY, will be glad to find them in comments or messages!
With respect and love for handmade,

Ira Storozhenko