Simpleasy Pincushion DIY

This DIY is on making a book-shaped pin cushion. It seems to me that the book is much better for keeping needles and pins, and therefore I decided to take this experiment.

Materials:

- fabric with embroidery for the front cover

- fabric for the back of the cover

- felt for pages to insert needles or pins

To make the cover and the spine thick, cut out a base of cardboard of the size you want, I mark the size of the edge that should not be confused.

To put the cover into a slightly convex shape at the the right side, cut out a piece of thin foam-rubber to match the size of cardboard.

To wrap up the cover in fabric, sew the front and back sides, put them with their right sides together and stitch along the midline of the back.

Straighten the fabric, put the foam over, then the cardboard and glue, carefully tuck in the corners. I took a box from under coffee for you to see that I use plain cardboard, not some special. Glue is also the simplest one, Moment Crystal.

Leave a few extra millimeters between the back and the cover, so it will be easier to open the book.

it is desirable to glue the cover and put it under a heavy thing for a night.

Here is the cover.

Now you need to glue the ties, loops with small buttons or magnets, whatever you like. I wanted to make different ties of ribbons of the samecolour with the flower embroidery.

Make the blanks out of felt for the pages, cutting them 5 mm less than the cover spread out. Stitch the middle. I take 2 pieces of felt, this is enough even for a large number of needles.

Carefully glue the pages along the contour of the cover and to the back, leave it under press for a day. The pincushion is ready and may serve us faithfully!

Enjoy and admire your creative work.

Good luck!