Paper for Freezing Made with Your Own Hands

Paper for freezing is used in pachwork, for creating applications. Probably you met paper for freezing among required DIY materials. This is a special paper, the reverse side of which is smooth. It is ironed to fabric with its smooth side and sticks to it firmly, and if necessary, easily removed. You can use it repeatedly. One can buy a paper on foreign online stores. And it is not cheap. Today we are going to create a budget analogue of such paper from available materials.

You need:

• A4 paper (I took office paper, kraft paper and slim one for typescript copies)
  • food film
  • scissors
  • iron
  • 15 minutes

The total prime cost of one A4 freezing paper: 1 sheet of A4 = (0,2:4) + 0,36 + little power = about 1 ruble.

Start!

Lay a cotton cloth in several layers on the table, roll out the food film in the direction to yourself.

Lay the paper across the film, that is, horizontally. The film does not reach 1-2 cm to the edges of the paper. Place the sheets close to each other. I used three different densities of paper.

Turn on the cotton mode without steam for your iron. I have an old iron for such purposes, it cannot steam already. Begin to gently press the iron against the surface of the paper, trying not to touch the edges of the film.

At first, paper is wrinkled like in the photo.

Continue to iron until the surface will not be smooth.

Let the paper cool slightly, separate it from the surface of the fabric. The photo shows glance on the paper which is the melted film. The film stuck equally well to all kinds of paper.

Separate the sheets. I do not cut the last sheet from the roll of film. The next time it is convenient to use the sheet as a bookmark: unroll the film holding the sheet or store it winded in the paper.

That's all! The pattern is applied to the "paper" side. The fabric is placed with its smooth side and ironed. This paper can be used for printing patterns, just remember to put it right with the "paper" side up for printing.

I hope that my first tutorial will be useful for you :) If you liked it, click the button on the right, I would be grateful!

P.S.: ...to be continued... :)