Sew a Handy Pocket with a Slavic Bird for Charging Your Phone

When I work in my studio, it's far from perfect order. Threads, laces, scissors, needles, fabric and a lot of stuff. And all this should be at hand. I often look for a place where to put the phone while charging. So the idea was to find the place. By the way, this thing is very useful on trips. In trains, hotels.

You need:

• felt (thick for base and slim for pocket)
  • scissors, thread
  • ruler
  • pencil or pen
  • small piece of thick paper for the pattern
  • stencil knife
  • mouline for embroidery
  • glue for fabric
  • a small piece of tape

;

To start with, take measurements of your phone. Waist and heigth. Don't forget to give allowance for free customized fit 3-4 cm.

Make the top of the pocket so that the phone put inside was still seen. For my phone: 19х11cm base and 10х11cm pocket.

If you do not have compasses, you can use a lid from glue or bottle.

The hole for the charging unit 3х7cm.

Here is the pattern.

Cut out the hole with the stencil knife or scissors.

Transfer the pattern to the felt. I used a white gel pen.

Cut out the base.

Now it's the pocket time.

Felt for the pocket is soft and thin. It can be easily cut with scissors.

Template of a bird. You can save and print the pattern.

I decided to embroider the Slavic bird. A bird occupies a special and very important place in the Slavic mythology. The supreme Slavic deity, Rod, is the beginning of all beginnings. For me birds are a special kind of love. I draw one on thick paper and cut it out.

Transfer the pattern to the felt with the white gel pen.

Embroider the contour of the embroidery with a feather stitch.

The bird is ready.

I decided to decorate the top of the pocket and one to sew the tape. Cut the tape so that it had bendable edges for sewing to the base.

I used glue for fabric to secure the pocket to the base.

Stitch the pocket to the main blank.

All is ready! Even if you have no sewing machine, it is possible to sew manually.

Finally, my phone is in its place and I don't have to look for a place where to put it to charge!

Thank you for your attention!

I would be glad if you liked this simple thing and found it useful.

Good luck and all the best!

Sincerely yours,

Anna