Felted Titmouse Brooch DIY

Winter... it's slowly getting cold and hungry for wintering birds. At home, I have two feeders outside the window. Every morning I wake up and hear a rustle and knocking titmice, and with them come nuthatches, sparrows sometimes. The first thing Ido when I get up is feeding them with seeds. And soon I wanted to felt a brooch. Maybe useful to you. Do not judge strictly – this is my first experience.

So, let's start.

For work you need:

* wool (carded — for the base of these colours: lemon, khaki, apple green, black, white, gray, beige)

* needles for felting (No. 36, No. 38 — with star points)

* pin for brooches

* beads for eyes

* sponge for felting

* a little plastic for the beak — it's optional, one can felt it

1. Felt tightly, of light carded base for the bird. You can turn to the pattern to consult it.

2. Add some yellow wool to the chest.

3. Add some khaki on the back.

4. Cover the head and the bottom with black wool.

5. Add a little grey and white wool under the tail.

6. 'Paint' the cheek white, make it slightly convex, not flat. To find the place for the eyes, make a hollow (stick several times with the needle against the same place). Sew the eye bead. Felt a piece of thin fine beige wool around the eye.

7. Aadd a white spot to the back of the head.

8. Felt the tail, consisting of two colours: bottom – grey, top — black.

9. Felt a wing of black wool, I added some grey, mixed them on a carding comb. Leave the edge of the wing, which is felted to the body, rather loose.

10. Put on green wool over it (mix two shades).

11.Draw feathers with white wool.

12. Now you need to prefect the back. Sew the pin for brooches.

13. Cover the metal part with white wool, its middle part should be dense, and felt the back side with a needle up to the end, otherwise all will come out to the front side.

14.Then you can felt the beak, but I made it of plastic and glued. I smoothed it with a fine needle. Cover with solvitose (optional).

Our tiny titmouse is ready.

Good luck, wish you creative successes!

Happy New Year to all!

P. S. And remember to feed birds.