How to Make an Exclusive Fabric with Geometrical Pattern

Today I will introduce you to the process of creating fine wool fabrics in the nunofelting technique. After this DIY you will be able to make fabrics with different ornaments of any colour palette.

And then use for your item, like in this dress.

You need:

• 18 micron crimson and yellow wool
  • crimson and yellow silk fibers
  • Margilan silk
  • mosquito net
  • soft tube for felting
  • spray bottle and liquid soap
  • vibrogrinding machine
  • plastic film
  • rubber and plastic gloves

Create the tamplate, increase by 40 percent for the shrinkage of wool and transfer to the plastic file. My drawing consists of large triangles of two colours.

The first stage

Make a prefelt of yellow and then of pink colours separately.

Lay out the wool perpendicularly with very thin and frequent strands. The first layer, to start with.

Then a perpendicular layer. See that the strands were thin but frequent, without spaces:

Wet the surface a little.

Now randomly lay out silk fiber, also trying to make the layout very thin:

In my work I used silk of a yellow colour, slightly darker than the coat colour.

Properly moisten it with a soap solution:

Rub through the net:

Process iwth the vibrogrinding machine through the thin file, 20 times each place.

That's what you get:

Leave it to dry completely.

The same way, make prefelt of crimson colour using decorative fibers:

Here are the dry prefelts:

The camera does not convey all beauty and shine.

The second step

Assembling the puzzle and the final felting of the precious.

Cut the required number of triangles according to the size of the triangle and connect them under your idea:

The side with the fibers at the bottom.

Important point: there should be no gaps, put the pieces утв-to-end, or overlapping 1-2 mm.

Thoroughly moisten:

Cover with Markilinski silk:

Rub through the net:

Process with the vibrogrinding machine through the file, counting up to thirty in each place:

Rub long through the net, working in different directions. Very carefully, trying not to move the pattern. Periodically lift the net and check the wool. At this stage, I work in rubber gloves, for better connection. Look against the light, and, if necessary, add a little wool. The result should be a thin but sturdy cloth without holes.

Excess water and soap can be removed with a towel.

Roll 100 times, alternating directions and the sides of our item.

For better sliding, put on disposable plastic gloves.

Repeat and alternate grinding through the net and rolling.

At the end of the process, carefully rub the cloth and give it elasticity (like when washing).

Here is the result of your labours. Unfortunately, the picture does not convey the shine of silk fibers:

You can now use the wonderful cloth for your exclusive items.

Success!

Be beautiful!