How to Make Voluminous Decoration for a Royal Jacket Collar and Cuffs

I want to show you how I make royal collar and cuffs for a jackets.

The collar and cuffs consist of individual elements. I call them quite a different way — "pancakes". When finished, they are oval in shape with clearly marked contours.

You need the following materials:

- pieces of Margilan silk of any shape (scraps): thin gauze, chiffon gauze, excelsior silk, organza. Take all what is available, you can take silk of one type

- Merino wool 18 micron;

- fleece: no need to take the best one, you can use scraps

- Toussaint silk fiber

I took white silk and fiber since, according to my idea, I was going to paint the item after felting. A beautiful result can be obtained immediately, if you take pre-dyed silk.

Tools:

- food film

- felting mat (IKEA)

- vibrogrinding machine

- soap

Lay the pieces of silk at some distance from each other. Their size is about 10-15 pre 15-20 cm. It is not important to take silk of rectangular shape, the corners will not disturb you.

Wet the silk with water, lay out some woolen strands.

Put fleece over, not tightly.

Cover with Toussaint silk fiber. You may not cover it with the fiber, then you'll have no silk borders along the edge of the "pancakes" and the texture of fleece inside. Or, alternatively, cover the fleece with thin gauze or silk scarves. In all cases, a beautiful inner texture and a voluminous silk border turn out.

Wet with a soap solution.

Put blockings on each element — pieces of food film, so that the edges of the film did not reach 2-3 cm of the edges of the silk. On the second blank, the film is yellow for visualization, to see the edges.

Cover the layout with a thin plastic film, pressed it well and process with the vibrogrinding machine, 2 minutes per every detail. The use of the machine speeds up the process, but you can do without it.

Roll each blank, but before, tuck the top edges, slightly overlapping the edge of the blocking film.

Twirl the ends of the rolls with fingers and felt on the IKEA mat.

Such blanks should come out:

Gently felt every pankcake, gradually increasing the pressure.

It is seen that the voluminous borders began to take their shape.

Felt until you feel that the "pancake" keeps its shape well and became spriinging. Unbent the edge slightly, pick up the plastic film and pull it out completely.

When pulling out the film, the voluminous border twists more, all ends hide inside.

Correct the border from all sides, if necessary, slightly fold it from the bottom side.

Such a pancake blank turns out.

Rub the blank against the mat — felt up to the end. The border gets tighter, the texture of the middle appears.

If the tails hide inwards when removing the tape, you get neat edges from all sides.

They may not be hidden, and it also turns out to be interesting.

Apply the blanks to the jacket and see what the decor will look like.

It is left only to paint the jacket and the "pancakes", sew them to the collar and cuffs according to your idea, decorate with embroidery, crystals and beads.

I wish you to make only beautiful jackets! :)