How to Create a Doll's Hairdress from Corded Yarn

I offer you one way of creating a hairstyle for a doll from corded yarn.

You need:

1. Doll :)

2. A bundle of corded yarn (this method is good for any wool, wool blend and acrylic yarn for any doll's head)

3. Needle for felting No. 38 with a four-pointed asterisk

4. Safety pins

5. Cotton thread

So let's start.

Here is a doll's head sewn from three pieces.

Cut the yarn into equal parts: the more the better... I have used up almost the whole bundle of yarn. The length of the segments should be equal to a double length of the doll's hair. I chose the length of the hair to the waist. The longer the hair, the lusher the hairdress. I have also prepared a bunch of cuts with the length equal to half the length of the ready strands. If there is noe enough yarn cut, it is possible to cut more in the process.

Take a strand of long cuts and apply it to the head so that the middle of the cuts and the middle line of the head coincided. In general, after felting, a central parting should come out. I mark the beginning of the parting with a safety pin and start felting it from the straight line of parting.

So, adding per a few strands, I roll up to the point located a little further from the top of the head.

Now work with the back part.

Take a small strand with short cuts and felt it perpendicular to the central parting. Carefully felt the tips of the threads to the head. They completely go inside like they were sewed into.

And so on, thread after thread, continue this line up to the temple, first from one side, then from another... At the end, you should get two lines, along which yarn was felted. One from the forehead to the top of the head, and the second from temple to temple.

Next step — fill in the two resulting triangles: the center of the forehead - the temple - the top of the head. Carefully felt the tips of the strands. I take three or four strings. Felt from the bottom to top, from the temple line to the middle parting and continue row by row.

Thus, the hair came out, they're evenly spread all over the head. If you just want long flowing hair, then felt some more rows to the back. Place the rows at the distance of several millimeters from each other, with fabric between them — to make it non-transparent, make the ends of the yarn a little longer and add wool from the inside and also along them to close the parting.

Here's the result at this step:

Now you need to felt the hair to the head along the outer line from temple to temple. To do this, take two safety pins and mark two points just below the temples. Stretch a cotton thread from one pin to another and fasten it. A clear line to which you will felt the hair comes out. When felting, try not to touch the thread... After you're over with felting, remove the pins and the thread.

Here is the result.

One can accomplish the work with beads and flowers, for example...

Take two narrow front strands and twist them into a small dense cushion, felt them to the head just above the temple line.

After the both cushions are securely felted, take a thin and wide strands (from roller to roller) on the back of the head and also twist them above the temple line.

Carefully raise up the remaining strands as if wrapping the cushion, and felt the tip to the inside.

You need not cut cut the length. The tips wiil completely go into the hairdress. Try to make tension and spread each thread of the yarn evenly.

Here is the result.

One can decorate the hairdress... I added some beads and felted a few strands of wool for felting. And added a fringe... Felted short threads to the forehead parting and set them to the side. Felted the tips under the side hair.

I hope this tutorial will be useful :)

Thank you for your attention!

If you liked it, click the button! I will be very pleased to know about it!

Any questions — please ask. I will glad to answer!