Making a Fabric Rose on a Pin

One day I purcased a set of jewellery from polymer clay. I liked the bracelet with the flowers on the chain and earrings so much that I wore them almost without taking off. All the time I wanted to make something similar out of fabric. The top point of my idea was a rose, I figured out how to "grow" a textile rose on a metal pin to attach it anywhere.

You need:

1. Fabric ribbon. I cut my I-2cm wide and 20cm lengt toile ribbon with soldering iron, but you can take any other.

2. Scissors

3. Needle and thread. To illustrate the point, I used black thread, although I usually prefer monofilament.

4. Pin with a ring

5. Cap for beads

Take the ribbon, fold the corner and fix with thread.

Apply two sides of the tape (A and B) to each other, from this corner, begin sewing with a simple stitch.

And another view. I apologize for the quality, was in a hurry)))

Sew up to the end and get such sausage as the result. Do not knot the thread.

Pull the string and make folds. The length of the ribbon should decrease approximately twice its size. Fix the thread.

Knot the thread to the corner which was not sewed and apply a pin's ring to it.

Cover the ring with the corner and sew it tight.

Wrap the tape around the pin and sew, sew, sew it making sure that the stitch was always at the bottom and the fabric fell gently.

So sew up to the end, fold the remaining corner and fix the thread.

Such a rose should come out. Diameter 1cm.

The last step is to put the rose on the cap (it will hide the seams)

Admire the result!

The roses are of different shapes and materials.

And then, you can act the way your imagination will prompt you. You can fix this rose on earring wires.

But you can try and make 20-30 pieces and assemble them into a bracelet.

This is my first tutorial. Thank you for your attention!