Creating Sweet Wedding Hairpins

Today I offer you a simple tutorial on making hairpins for wedding.

To make a pin, you need:

- pin base

- 6mm pearls — 6 pieces

- 6х4mm crystal — 6 pieces

- leave charms — 3 pieces

- glass flower bead

- two beads

- hard jewelery wire (for beading) 0.3-0.6 mm >1m

If you use 6mm beads, take a thicker wire.

The only tool you need is sharp cutting pliers!

Step back about 10cm from the edge of the wire, string the first bead (for the top branch). Hold the wire, as in picture 1 and rotate around its axis until the wire will not twist. It is more convenient to do if the bead is stringed perpendicularly to the wire.

String the second bead at the distance of 1-2 cm from the first one, make a second branch and a third one. Always twist in the same direction.

Wrap the leaf a couple of times to fix it.

Start next branches with top beads, too. Leave the distanse of the height of the future branch from the base of the finished branch.

Explanation is given below.

If you make a crown, you need to retreat the distance equal to the height of the next branch + the distance from the previous one.

To fix a flower on the sprig, put one bead under it. I use the second bead as a heart.

Pass the wire through the flower and beads as in the picture below.

Press the lower bead close to the flower and twist on the wire.

Make the second and third branches the same way, join them.

Put all decor on the base of a hairpin, hair clip, comb or crown and wrap it to fix. The tip of the wire may be hidden — just lift it up and twine around a nearest branch.

Cut off the remaining end, and the jewellery is ready!

One can decorate the base of a comb, hair clip, thin headband or tiara with the same twig fixed at the distance of 1-2 cm . So I make real crowns this way!

That is all for today, see you soon!

Wish you nspiration!

Yours,

Kate Idoll