A Polymer Clay Pendant Made with Your Own Lynx Pattern

I want to share photos about the way I made one very small lynx :)
Materilas:

- pattern (printout)

- polymer clay of lynx colours — yellow, terracotta, red, white, and black

- surface for baking (a photo frame glass, for example)

- fimo gel

- findings (pins for fastenings, cords, fasteners — not all is pictured)

- art knife

- sculpting tools (modeling sticks, silicone brushes, needles)

I made eyes focusing on the pattern. For this, I rolled out a layer of white plastic. Then make a deepening with a round tool to insert a ball of the desired colour and flatten the ball. I also put a pupil there. It is better to bake the eyes. After baking, fill the eyes with fimo gel and bake again. In the photo, they are foggy before baking, but this remains until varnishing.

Mash and roll out a layer of red terracotta clay of about 3-4 mm thickness, put the template on it and cut it out. Then insert bent pins (so that they never escaped the item) and begin to add volume to the pendant.

Find the points for the eyes and press them hard, attach lids to them.

Model the muzzle, check with the colour of your pattern.

The more colours, the more interesting the lynx looks at the end :)

When you are satisfied with the muzle and ears, proceed to the body and legs.

And when all the details are made, look over all carefully — apply the texture of the hair with the needle. Pay attention to how hair grows on a real animal: hairs are not parallel, they are smaller on the muzzle, fingers, ears; the further away, the longer and coarser they are.

The cub is ready, you can bake it!

After baking I wanted to add tassels on the ears (made out of a usual brush, I set the hairs on glue). And then you can varnish the eyes, nose and mouth later.

Here's the cub we've got. For a better design, I used laces of different colours. Thank you all for your attention! Wish you all inspiration and a Happy New Year! :)