Making a Beaded Crochet Rope

I have recently bumped into a set of fantastic bundles with beautiful ornaments, and wished to make something like that! Moreover, I have already tried to crochet a beaded crochet rope, but without a pattern.

Of course, crocheting 3500 beads following a pattern is much more complicated than just crocheting 3500 beads, but the result is definitely worth the effort!

You need:

- yarn for base (usually Iris thread, I used 3 bobbins)

- beads of different colour

- findings: clasp, cones, rings, pins

- 0.8-1.0 mm crochet hook

- needle for beads

- pattern

I used a little cross stitch pattern. To make the pattern straight, not diagonal, chrochet with double crochet (dc, British). Make the picture on a program, print.

The length of the rope is determined by eye — crochet a sample, count the number of motifs of the pattern. I needed 14 motifs to crochet a 45cm rope.

Pick beads according to the pattern.

I was anxious to start and therefore forgot to take a picture before I started but all is quite simple :)

Crochet 15 chains, join them in a a ring. Double crochet 3 rows in a circle (15 dc in each row = the width of the pattern is 15 beads).

Now proceed to crocheting with beads.

Push the crochet through both sides of the dс of the preceiding row and pull up a loop. Move the bead close to the loop, crochet the both loops together.

Repeat until the bead are over :)

If you miss one bead — no problem! Crochet an "empty" dc and sew the missed bead and after the work is over.

Extra beads can be carefully split with pliers. See that the thread was safe.

When all beads are knited, make 3 more rows of dc.

Hide the end, attach accessories.

Pick one bead on a pin, insert it inside the rope and sew up the edge.

Put on a cone, make a loop with pliers and attach a clasp.

The necklace is ready!

That's it! See you!

Wish you much inspiration!
Yours,

Kate Idoll