How to Make a Fabric Cock Without a Needle

I want to show you how you can quickly make a Christmas toy — the symbol of the year, without a needle.

Children also can easily cope with this work.

Our grandmother, or rather great-grandmother used this technique to make toys.

Long ago, each country house had a rag toy.

So, materials

- red threads

- square piece of cloth of any color

- red piece of cloth for comb

- filler

I took a piece of cloth of 15 x 15 cm. Take any size, but it should be square.

When working with children, it is better to take a bigger size of 20 x 20 cm or 25x 25 cm — to tape combs easier.

Turn the fabric with the back up and bend one corner at about 1.5 cm

Then folded the two sides as in the photo

And fold the piece diagonally, with the same angle on the top.

Take the red thread. Hold the blank and the thread with one hand, close to our corner, and wind the thread tightly around the area with the second hand. Start from the edge, make a beak, knot the thread under the beak.

Put the filler inside.

Do not ter off the thread until the end of the work.

Retreat at the size of the head from the beak.

The thread goes along the bottom where the junction of the two edges of the fabric is found. The short end of the thread can be hiden in the head, and the long one is used in work.

The head of the cock must be oblong. Make a few twists and knots like those that are used when mahking folk dolls; if you do not know how to do it, tear off the thread leaving 60 cm, pass the end of the thread 2 times through the last twist and tighten.

Make a twist again, pass the thread 2 times through the last twist and tighten.

Then make the legs. The thread goes at the bottom, the two edges are twisted and the thread is fixed.

If there is little filler, add more.

The thread reaches the tail. Shape a ponytail. Wind and fasten.

Then the thread goes back to the head and is slightly pulled, that is, draw the tail and the head, and fix the thread.

If you want to make a loop to hang the rooster, then take the end of the thread from the neck to tail and tie.

Make the comb.

Take an oblong piece of red fabric. The size is determined as follows: fold it, as in the photo. The width of the strip is equal to length of the head from the neck to beak. The length of the strip is 2.5 times more than the volume of the head.

Take the red thread and tie the comb. Put it on the head of the cock crosswise.

Tie it under the head.

The cock is ready.

If you make a little cock and you can't fix the comb — it slides — then sew it in undistinguished places: at the top and bottom. I make more wraps and stuff the head tighter, then the comb will not slide. There are no such problems with bigger cocks. The photo of the bigger cock is below. It is decorated in a frame.

At the bottom, there is a beard, make it level and leave the desired length.

If you want to make wings, take the ribbon or tape and sew. Below, there are different variants of other cockerels.

I wish you lots of creativity and wonderful cocks.

Happy New Year!