Easter Nest: Creating an Interior Decoration

Soon the bright and kidest holiday of Easter will come.

For me, that is a holiday from childhood, a holiday of warm, cozy memories.

Dyeing eggs in onion pills, cakes with raisins in the oven. Vespers in a dilapidated wooden church in a nearby village, where my grandmother and I walked 4 kilometers.

And in the morning I got up very early, washed up and rubbed my cheeks with painted egg to be healthy and beautiful :) a great delicious family breakfast, playing "bitki" (when bumping two eggs into each other to see whose egg is stronger ad wins), bright sunshine and merriment :)

For the holiday, I always want to provide a special mood and comfort.

I have prepared an Easter decoration for my interior.

Techniques may be various.

The nest was crocheted, I used linen thread.

The eggs were decorated using the technique of kimekomi (patchwork without needle).

Flowers made of foamiran.

Let's start with the decoration of eggs.

You will need:

1. Foamiran blanks in the shape of eggs.
  2. Collet (or stationary) knife.
  3. Measuring tape.
  4. Vanishing marker.
  5. Transparent adhesive gel.
  6. Decorative ribbons, cords.
  7. Matching fabrics of 2 shades.
  8. Sharp scissors.
  9. Wide-eye needle.

For decorating, divide the blank into sectors. Their number and shapes are determined by you. I do not recommend to make complex patterns for those who are not very familiar with this technique.

For convenience, insert a pin in the top to outline an axis, which will serve a starting point for the pattern.

The diameter of my blank is 19 cm.

Mark out the centre into six pieces, 3.2 cm each

Use the tape to scetch the lines with the marker (pencil).

And divided the blank into 6 parts far and wide, in the center. There were 12 sectors.

Carefully cut along the lines with the knife deeply, 0.5 - 1 cm

Apply a piece of cloth (choose not very dense ones), and tuck it in the slots using the needle.

Try to avoid creases. It's easier to start tucking from the center.

Having done this, cut off the fabric close to the edges with the sharp scissors.

The remaining fabric should be also put inside with the needle.

Alternate the colour as in a checkerboard pattern.

Fill all sectors.

The seams will be decorated with cord, braid, plaits. Choose plastic cords, so they fit the shape of the workpiece well, and were glued fast.

I used Transparent Moment gel. Apply a thin layer to a part of a seam, do it in stages, it is easier and less risky to get dirty.

A drop of glue is put on the top of the seam, a decorative cord is applied, and its tip is deepened inside the blank.

In all the intersections of the lines, a cord needs to be deepened a little inside so that a counter cord could be laid easily on the surface.

You can use cords of different colour and thickness, or ribbons. All seams should be decorated this way.

Additionally, I decorate the egg with a foamiran flower.

Cut out two circles from lavender foamiran, cut 5 petals and remove sharp corners.

Intensively twist it between your palms, crumple, then straighten and shape.

Pick a bead with a pin.

Then pick the flowers and leaves.

Apply some glue on the tip of the pin.

Insert the pin into the blank. I also decorated it with a bow of yellow lace.

I did the same with the smaller blank. Here I had only 4 sectors.

The most important items are ready :)

Now let's start creating the nest.

You need:

1. Linen threads.
  2. Jute twine.
  3. Hook.

Crochet 4 chains of the jute twine, join it in a ring.

Linen threads will perform the function of bourdon (that is, padding or packing cord). We will crochet them round.

I'm crocheting in a spiral, doubling each loop in the first turn, in the second turn - each second loop, and so on.

Continue expanding up to the desired diameter, then you need to crochet the 1-2 rows straight.

The final row is crocheted with a "crayfish stitch".

The nest is decorateв with a bunch of foamiran flowers. See how to make them above.

Pick the flowers onto the wire, then wrap with the tape.

Gather in a bunch.

Additionally decorate the nest with a purple lace and the bunch.

All components are ready. Put them all together to create the festive mood.

Thank you for your attention!

Wish you inspiring spring! Kindness and cosiness in every home!

The tutorial participates in a contest :) I would appreciate your support!