If Your Grandma's Set is broken, Turn the Shards into Cabochons

One day my husband accidentally broke a sugar bowl from my great-grandmother's tea set.

The Imperial porcelain factory and all that. It was a pity, of course. But the pieces were so artistically fragmented that immediately inspired my and an idea came to my mind — I immediately began putting it into practice because inspiration is a very fickle thing and needs to be got while it's hot.

So, you will need:

- drill;

- grinding nozzle;

- 'metal brush' nozzle;

- protection (a scarf or mask for your nose and glasses).

You need to turn a fragment of the sugar bowl into a cabochon! For this, use the drill to grind the sharp edges. I took the grinding nozzle and sharpened all piercing and cutting trying not to touch the drawing.

The edge should be processed. It can tear the thread and cannot be embroidered.

The corners have been smoothed out.

You need to smooth all sides of the shard.

Then the 'metal brush' nozzle is used. As the sugar bowl has a sphere shape, you need to grind the surface so that it could be applied to fabric.

I glued the cabochon to fabric with moment crystal glue. Good glue, transparent when gets dry.

When one cabochon was embroidered, I glued two more from the sides, and took different shapes because the sugar bowl was broken that way and to add a zest.

When all cabochons are embroidered, think about what else you can add to get a more interesting pattern. Add a few stone beads and embroider them the same way.

The decorating step is finished. Now cut the excess of fabric, glue them on a rigid frame of cardboard and sew.

The grandma's sugar bowl is meant to live long!

Thank you for your attention!

Come to see my shop and and follow new tutorials!