How to Twist a Provence Basket

I invite you to follow my tutorial on twisting a simple basket.

You won't need more materials then patience and desire :)

So, materials:

- paper twine

- thick cardboard

- craft paper

- jar as a shape

- glue stick

- double sided tape

- scissors

- pins

- lace

- piece of fabric

- measuring tape

- pencil

- stripes

Draw out the bottom of the jar with the pencil and cut out two circles of the same size.

Decorate them with craft paper from one side and fix the edges from another.

Stick pieces of double-sided tape to both sides of the circles.

The twine is cut into pieces of about 25 cm. The higher you want the cart, the longer sticks you need. Glue them at the distance of 2 cm from each other.

You should get such a sun.

Evenly glue the second circle and carefully press to the blank.

Begin to weave. Cut a very long piece of twine — the main thread. I needed about 20m. Fold it in half and 'hug' a ray of the circle.

Twist it like eight curve and 'hug' the next ray.

Thus you make the first circle. When you reach the first stitch, pass the main thread through it.

Put the jar inside.

Since the main thread is long, it's not very convenient to twist on it all the time. It's enough to weave the first row, and then put the jar inside every 2-3 rows for check out.

Try to work with the same tension so the pattern was steady. Twist the rows closer to each other trying to avoid large gaps between them.

Once all rows are twisted, and you are satisfied, make loops out of the remaining ends. First out:

Then inside. Cut off. The ends can be glued and hiden between the rows on the inner side.

What you get at the end:

Sewing a fabric insert.

Cut a piece of fabric equal to the circumference of the basket, remember about seams allowances and a cuff, and a piece for the bottom. Fold 1 cm of the edge and fasten the lace with pins from the right side.

Stitch all.

Put it inside the basket, glue the stripe. It's ready:

If you want to twist a basket of square or rectangular shape, the pattern will be the same.

For fans of shabby shic, they can be painted with a dry brush.

I wish you creative inspiration and success in work! See you next time :)