Crane Flask DIY

I bring to your attention this short tutorial on how to decorate a simple stainless flask with leather. The main difference of my item is that the jar is fully covered with leather, while the majority of the presented items have open spaces. So, let's begin.

I decided to use heavy leather for the front side, and thiner skin for the back and sides (crust). Next, select the pattern for the jar, so that it wasn't very boring.

Cut out according to a previously prepared paper template.

Next, you need to make the right side beautiful, that is, apply the pattern. I used a simple and reliable method - prick it with a thin needle:

Here's what happens:

The next step: use the technique of pyrography, and simply, gently burnt out the figure.

After the drawing is completed, process leather with shoe wax. Leather slightly changes its colour then. For visualisation, I put a piece of raw leather near.

Next. Mark and pierce holes along the perimeter of all cut parts.

Sew the right and back sides and stretch them on the jar. If everything is cut correctly, it will be problematic to it it with dry details. So soak them in water. Let all this dry well. After drying, the leather should fit snugly on the flask.

You just have to sew all side parts, and you need to punch three holes for the neck at the top (or carefully cut them with a knife). Finally, the flask is covered with the shoe wax (especially the seams) to make leather relatively waterproof and provide it with shiny surface.

After drying of the wax, rub leather with a soft cloth to give it shine. That is all, the flask is ready. In my opinion, this is a great gift for any man.