Repurpose an Interior Painting into a Convenient Organizer for Needlework

Once upon a time, there was such an interior "painting".

Well, it didn't "live", it was collecting dust on the window sill...

I felt pity to throw it away, but it didn't fit the interior... really.

And so, I came up with the idea to turn this picture into a needlework organizer.

You will need:

1. Cloth, 2 types

2. Polyester batting

3. The double sided tape

4. Lace, buttons, scissors, thread

5. Jute rope

6. Acrylic paint, acrylic lacquer

Firts of all, disassemble the picture.

Cover the glass pawith strips of double sided tape.

Cut a piece of batting of the same size as the glass to wrap it fully from both sides.

Remove the protective film and fix the batting.

Cut out 3 parts from the main and decorative fabric.

Main: 2 details 15х22 cm (the size of the glass) + seam allowances to the amount of batting and stitches (3 cm).

Decorative: (for pockets) 11х22 cm + seam allowances (1 cm on the top and 3 cm for the sides and bottom).

Fold the top of the decorative fabric to the inside, pin the lace, stitch.

Mark the lines for pockets, which you will stitch, with tailor's pen.

Stitch on the machine, make ашчувзщштеы at the beginning and end of the seams.

Now cover this pockets with the second part of the main fabric, rigth side down.

Fold it, stich 3 sides leaving the fourth side free.

Turn it outside in and insert the glass from the picture (wrapped in the batting) inside.

Sew up the open edge with a concealed seam, add decorative elements.

I processed the bamboo frame with coarse sandpaper, painted with acrylic paints. The first was burnt umber.

Then mix ivory black and burnt umber to the shade of coffee with milk.

Paint the top layer with this colour (brown paint is slightly transparent). Since the organizer is supposed to be in retro style, I shabby effect with the dry-brush technique and sprayed paint with a toothbrush.

Coated 1 layer of acrylic lacquer. Now we have:

Assemble the frame.

And connect the organizer with the frame (joined through the available holes in glass).

Cut the jute rope folded in half, pass the loop through the needle.

Find the hole in glass fwith the needle.

Make a stitch and pull the needle through the loop. So you fix the thread without knots.

Attach it to the frame, hide the knots on the back side. Make the suspension the same way.

At the end you get such a small organizer that you can hang over your working place or just on the wall.

I think will adorn any workshop and will be a useful assistant.

Thank you for your attention! I hope you were not bored and found something helpful :)

The tutorial participates in the competition, I'd be happy to have your support and likes.