Painting your Granny’s Chest / Wardrobe / Bedside Table

It is time to decorate my Gnezdovye (Nesting-place). In the nearest future I will be actively engaged in interior decorating and share my ideas with you. Today I will tell how I painted bedside tables, a wardrobe, a table and my grandmother's chest.

You need:

1. Wood paint, I took Dufatex aqua and different paint pigments (turquoise, cream, brown, crimson and green).

2. Wood varnish, I took AQUA INTERIOR.

3. Pictures for pattern.

4. Pencil.

5. Rubber.

6. Thick and thin brush.

7. Sandpaper.

8. Brush and roller for applying varnish.

9. Cloth and vacuum cleaner.

To begin with, paint the furniture turquoise:

I left the middle part of the bedside table unpainted.

Now you are to make templates for painting. As my little shop is called Gnezdovye (Nest-place), I will surely use birdies in decoration.

Take the pictures you like and make birdies templates of dense files or cardboard:

• transfer the drawing with a pencil on the turquoise surface; use templates where necessary;

• then paint the drawing cream, wait until complete drying;

• the brown contour is applied with a thin brush, wait for complete drying.

The middle of the table is beige so the birds came out blue:

I made the edges shabby with the help of brown paint. You’d better do it in gloves:

Sandpaper can help to enhance the shabby effect of wooden things. Let's perfect the edges. I’d got rather a strong paint. It was necessary to put much effort to achieve the desirable result:

Surely!

Remove pencil with the rubber, hoover all and carefully wash the surface with a sponge:

I wanted to reproduce the effect of old Christmas photos therefore the following step was to paint the light drawing with different light paints. In my case I used green and crimson paints diluted with water:

Cover all with varnish using the brush and roller. Wait for complete drying:

The result:

Next time I will share different tips of dressing curtains and what one can spare on.

Gnezdovye

Live in harmony with nature