Another Transformation. How to Restore a Wardrobe

I want to share my experience of decorating furniture. To INSPIRE you.

I have dyed more than one hundred items and each time I was amazed with the magic of transformation.

And this wardrobe is of no exception.

It was given to me by one of my customers. Stayed in my old apartment and I didn't know what to do with it, it's a crime to throw away such beauty. But the time has come, and the wardrobe is living its new life.

It looked like this)

The wardrobe was taken to pieces.

All the details needed wiping from dust and degreased (I used white spirit for that), then take away the gloss of the lacquer with fine sandpaper, then acrylic priming (I used Benjamin Moore, you can takw Tikkurila), then paint, then varnish.

Oh, the tutorial turned out rather quick :)

Here's the photo:

Prime:

Paint with silk flit-brush and velour roll. For convenience, we took the wooden planks from the doors, enumerated them to set back with the remained nails.

First, I painted all grey, and the details — white.

Then I glued wallpaper to some surfaces inside or partially painted them. I really wanted to see flowers inside.

Actually, the idea of this wardrobe decoration was originally quite different. But something had changed during the process of refreshing. And in the end, I opted for a beautiful shade of gray.

Well, everything was varnished, assembled and voila!

We also painted the bedside tables:

'We' are my mother and I :)

I wish you all good luck, inexhaustible ideas and health to bring all ideas to life!

And thank you, sellers of Livemaster, for your talent.

Sincerely yours,

Irina Shkuratova.