Easy DIY How to Make a Captivating Thing Using Pieces of Glass

Today I’m gonna show you how this wonderful box.

Materials:

- wooden blank, priming colour, brushes, glue for decoupage, cards, acrylic paints;

- 2x2 cm pieces of glass (you can have them cut in a stained glass workshop), mordant, imitation gold leaf, bitumen, grout for tile joints.

I’m a bustler by nature and would surely miss a thing. So please don’t be angry with me. I’ll make a foggy step clear with pleasure.

Shall we start?

Prime the blank, make the card edges thinner, wet it in water and stick to the lid.

I had several 2x2 cm pieces of glass which I stored for no idea what. And the day had come:

Pinch off the sponge to make the edge rough:

And cover the pieces with bitumen:

A whole detachment:

Mix acrylic paints of yellow, bluish and green shades. Dilute them with water, arm yourself with a brush and sprinkle small dabs. I do it by knocking the bush against another brush.

One could add some white sprinkles.

After drying, apply mordant (a glue for imitation gold leaves). When it is transparent, apply a leaf. Smooth it with a brush.

And now — a miracle. Turn over a piece of glass and see this beauty:

Fix it to the box with instant glue.

Now paint the box with dark acrylic paint (black or black+umber).

Work the background with a flat brush to gain tint:

Little by little, lighten the background touching it with brush:

I couldn’t do without dabs.

Work all sides of the box with the brush:

My beloved bitumen comes again. Cover almost all surface with it, shading the edges.

Fix it with a water-based matt lacquer:

While working, the mosaics suffered from paints, bitumen, lacquer.. and all is fine! All is easily removed with a wet rag.

And the box is ready!
Enjoy creating))