• washers for cotter pins;

• disk of 20 mm diameter — 2 pc;

• felting wool to match the fur and a little dark felt;

• needles for felting ( 36, 38, 40);

• scissors;

• nylon thread for tightening;

• glue;

• pastel.

The rabbit pattern is given below, but I didn’t have it and so I modeled it of plasticine.

Then I transferred the pattern to the tracing paper and perfected it.

Here’s the pattern. You can see letters which would help to transfer the pieces onto fur. Arrows show the direction of nap. Twin details should reflect each other.

Transfer the pattern onto fur according to the direction of the nap. Cut out the details and remember about the seam allowance (approximately 7 mm).

At first, sew the tucks on all head details together. I use frequent backstitch.

It’s time to sew all details together. To remember which is which, use the pattern as all letters define the details. Sew side twin details (AB line) together. Then stitch into a small detail of chin (BC and CB).

That’s what you have. Now it’s the turn of the crown.

Sew AD and DA and turn the blank outside in through the hole.

Note! If the material is fraying, process it with PVA glue thinned with water 1:1. As for the fur base I used, it was firm, thick and didn’t fray, so I needn’t have done it.

Fill it densely.

Before sewing up the head, insert a cotter pin according to the scheme. Sew the head with concealed stitch.

Do the same with the rest details of the body. At first, sew up the tucks, then all details together according to the letter scheme, leave a hole for turning the blanks outside in. Do it, put the details aside and go back to the head.

Tighten the eyes with a firm double nylon thread. Pull the needle into the tuck on AD and DA lines at the top of the head. Then pull the needle 7 mm downward in the direction of the crown of the head. Pull the needle through where the cotter pin is. Tighten and knot the thread.

Cut rabbit hair. Leave even short nap on the face and smoothly lengthening nap on the back.

Clip the cheeks and the lower part of the face and see a mouth here — it wants tightening. Pull the needle into B, then into the eye point we’ve already used and into the joint place. Do the same with the other end of the thread.

Go on cutting. Make sure that the hair is even. That’s the muzzle you have.

I took transparent eyes and painted them dark-brown with acrylic paint. The places, where tucks of upper details match side details, would be used for eyes. Find the points and mark them with pins. Check their symmetry.

Sew the eyes into these points. Cut the nap behind the eyes, in the direction of the crown of the head.

Glue the knots left from tightening and eyes sewing. Cut them off with scissors.

Pull the cotter pin with the head through Point E of the body. Put the disk and washer on the pin. Undo the cotter pin with half-round nose pliers.

Knot a double piece of nylon thread over the cotter pin to tighten the body. Needle its both ends and pull through the H point of the bottom of the body leaving a little space between the ends of the threads for further tightening.

Pour in some granulate. Stuff the blank with sintepon and sew up with a concealed stitch.

The last step here is tightening.

A simple blank comes out, let’sl decorate it with felt.

Take two strands of wool for ears. Felt them into two ear-like shapes with a rough needle.

Apply the ear, mind that it would lose a third of its size.

All ear should be polished except for the fluffy part which would be felted to the head. Apply again and fix with pins.

Now it’s the turn for front paws. Take equal pieces of wool for each paw. Shape them leaving fluffy ends for attaching, which should be directed upward.

Work fingers with the needle. Apply, fix with pins.

Make back paws the same way. You’ll just need more wool and a more elongated shape. Make the paws simultaneously so that they were alike. Shape fingers. Leave fluffy ends to felt the blanks to the body.

Now the tail. Make a small ball with one side fluffy to be felted to the body.

Pin all these parts to the body and felt them with a small needle.

Felt the paws to the body and make sure that they stand upright on the surface.

The smallest and most thrilling thing remains — the nose. Take a tiny piece of wool. Felt and shape it right on its place.

Here’s how small the nose becomes. To shade it in, apply a piece of dark-brown felt.

Felt the piece into the nose and mouth seams. Tone the nose and ears with brown pastel.

The little rabbit is ready! Wish you happy inspiring holiday of Easter!

Thank you for your attention!

If you liked the tutorial, I’d be happy to hear your words of support!