How to Make a Mold with Your Hands

I want to offer you a tutorial on making silicone molds (forms) at home with your own hands. This method is very simple and affordable!

Materilas:

- ready beautiful frames, angels, birds, etc. from plaster, plastic, etc. (in other words, shapes for the molds);

- silicone sealant (any you find at the hardware store) — I used super glue;

- starch (I used corn starch, but potato starch would be right, too);

- jar for mixing (you'll throw it away at the end);

- gloves (latex, polythene, rubber - any), strongly recommend to put them on;

- stick for mixing.

So, let's start!

You need to mix silicone sealant with starch in the ratio of 1:1.5 (that is, take 1 tablespoon of silicone and 1.5 tablespoons of starch).

Mix all thoroughly with a stick (or other convenient tool).

Now you can take this mixture in hands (in gloves) and puddle it. When all is mixed well, the piece no longer sticks to your hands, so you can take your gloves away. Make a flat piece of it — I made it right on the table, pressing the mass with hands.

Now take the frame (or whatever you want to mold) and press it into the silicone mass.

Leave it to dry up for one day. After drying, take out the frame and see the pretty finished mold.

Now you can use it whenever you want, just put polymer clay (or plaster) into the mold.

For the frame manufacturing, I used sculpting mass bought in a store for kids' creativity (resembles Deco clay).

That's what eventually has come out. On the left — the plastic frame from the shop, on the right — the frame I made using the mold.

This way you can make molds of any unilateral things. I often use homemade ornaments of polymer clay when decorating my items. Very convenient and affordable.

I wish you all good luck and successes in your creative work!