Sky-Blue Handmade Necklace

Over the last time handmade jewellery and accessories are gaining more popularity.

I’d like to offer you to make a unique necklace that would adorn your look.

So, let’s start.

You’ll need:

- seed beads;

- bead stringing wire or 0.35 mm beading thread;

- metal jewellery calottes;

- glass or other suitable beads;

- connectors;

- toggle clasp;

- 4 mm beads;

- metal bead caps;

- tools (round-nose pliers, half-round nose pliers, diagonal cutting pliers).

First of all, we thread the calotte on the bead stringing wire and pass it through the last ring of the connector.

Pass the string through the metal calotte bead again leaving a loop in the connector.

Tighten the loop, pull the calotte bead 5 mm upward from the connector ring. Press the bead with pliers, it should be squeezed and become absolutely flat to fix the wire. Make sure that the bead doesn’t roll along the wire. Cut the wire leaving approximately 15 cm for threading the beads.

Thread oblong blue glass beads (I took 6) on the stringing wire alternating them with 4 mm metal beads of antique bronze colour (I took 7). You may use beads of different size, shape or colour — it depends on your fancy; just remember that the first thread with beads in the ready item should be about 12 cm. It is important to keep the proportions.

String a metal calotte on the wire and pass the wire through the last ring of the second connector.

Pass the wire through the calotte bead again, tighten it so that there was no free space between the beads and they set closely.

Make sure that the beads are fixed tightly and then squeeze the metal bead, make it flat and fix the wire.

Pass the tail through a couple of beads and cut the bits off.

That’s what you get.

Next, take a new stringed wire, pick up a calotte, pass it through the next ring of the connector and repeat the same steps.

Use blue seed beads instead of glass beads for the second row.

String seed beads to make this row longer.

String seed beads until thе line becomes a little longer compared to the first one. Then fix the line in the next ring of the second connector.

Keep on threading line after line. I fix from 2 to 4 lines of seed beads in each ring of the connectors. Now you need a little more patience as a painstaking work begins. Use one colour or several shades of seed beads, various shapes and sizes — all you want, in other words.

As a result, you’ll get such base for your necklace.

We’re coming to the final step. Let’s fix two more lines that would hold it all on your neck.

For that, you need glass beads, 4 mm metal beads, bead caps, a toggle or any clasp.

Take a calotte, string it on a wire and pass the wire through the upper ring of the connector.

Next, pass the wire end through the metal calotte, tighten and squeeze it.

Pass the wire through a bead cap.

Then string beads in this order: 12 mm and 8 mm beads alternated with 4 mm metal beads.

Thread seed beads; I used silvery Czech beads. The length of threads in the ready item was 17 cm; it depends on the size of the necklace you want. After that, take a half of the toggle clasp, string it on the wire, which already has a calotte bead, and fix.

Do the same for the second half of the necklace.

Fix the line to the second part of the toggle clasp.

Squeeze the metal bead with pliers and cut off the bits.

And you’ve finished the necklace! You can be really proud of yourself, you’ve carried out a painstaking work which required much patience and carefulness :)

Admire the result of the undertaken work: