How to Sew a Wonderful "Primavera" Bracelet Using Shibori Ribbon

Let me introduce to you the process of creating a shibori ribbon bracelet. Ribbon’s colour reminds me of a spring Spain.

And here we go.

You’ll need the following:

- 11/0 Delica seed beads;

- size 9,10 round Czech seed beads;

- size 11,15 round Japanese seed beads;

- lavsan thread, monofilament, beading needle;

- sharp beads of different size (from 2 to 4 mm);

- 20 cm shibori ribbon;

- 14 mm Svarovski Rivoli crystals — 2 pc;

- 1mm felt;

- genuine leather;

- metal base;

- scissors;

- glue.

Take felt for base and draw the outline of the bracelet (I take 15х4 cm). Then sew the shibori ribbon to it with monofilament.

Let’s twine round the Rivoli beads. I’d like to remind you how to do it.

Use double thread for twining (pass both ends through the needle as when cross-stitching).

Pick up 36 Delica beads, pass the needle through the loop that appears and tighten it.

Work the first row with mosaic stitch (use the same beads for that).

Then bead two rows with size 15 round seed beads — remember to tighten the thread. That’s already enough to put a Rivoli in there, but I decided to make toothing. Continue with size 15 beads. Pick up one bead and pass the needle through two tops at once.

Here’s what you have.

Then set a Rivoli with its right side up and arrange the backside. Make two more rows using size 15 beads.

Decorate the second Rivoli the same way.

Next, sew the Rivolis to the shibori ribbon (somewhere up and down) using beads of the last row.

The next step is to bead the outer outline with size 10 seed beads using "back stitch". To do it, knot the thread to the backside and pull it up to the right side. Pick up one bead, make a pause equal to its size and sew it to the surface. Then go one bead back, pass the needle through it and pick up another bead. Make a pause equal to its size, sew it. Bead the outline this way.

Now bead the edge of the ribbon. Use the same stitch.

Now you are to fill in the free spaces. First, sew sharp beads and size 9 beads in random order to the surface.

Then use size 10,11 beads. Size 15 beads are used for small spaces. Sew several beads on the shibori ribbon to fix its beautiful waves.

Continue beading the outer outline with size 10 beads (it is not compulsory, though). Carefully cut out the blank along its contour leaving 1-2 mm edge.

Take a piece of leather, draw the outline of the blank on it and cut it out leaving 1-2 mm free.

The final step is to perfect the edges.

Take a metal base of a size smaller than the beaded blank and bend it into a circular shape (bend from center to edges with a cylindrical tube of 3.5-4 cm diameter). It is very important to bead on a bended base as the ribbon would keep its waves.

Then glue the beaded blank to the metal base and leave it for a while to get set.

Glue the leather to the metal base, too. Wait until it all finally fastens.

Start perfecting the edge with size 10 beads. This time I decided to bead the bracelet holding it with its backside to me. Knot the thread between felt and leather and pull it up to the backside. Pick up one seed bead and pull the needle from the back to the right side; tighten the thread. Then pass the needle through the bead from beneath and tighten again. Bead the edge.

Thus, we’ve finished the bracelet.

Thank you for your attention and patience :)