How to Sew a Wedding Teddy Bear Couple

There is a tradition in our family to present a monetary gift and a couple of bears (or a couple of bunnies) under the code name 'Together Forever' for a wedding.

Such a gift always provokes positive and bright emotions especially because it can be personalized, made in the style of the wedding, or look like the newly-married.

So I had an idea of capturing the main stages of creating such a pair; these bears are made in boho style.

In this tutorial, I described the main steps of sewing, the stages I usually follow :)

So, let's start.

First, you need to decide what material the bears will be sewed of. I took viscose, you can make them out of faux fur, linen, tweed and so on.

So, you need:

- viscose;

- cotter pins (5 pcs for a bear);

- discs, washers;

- cotton for clothes;

- a small piece of genuine leather;

- sawdust and granulate for stuffing;

- eyes (I have glass eyes of 3 mm);

- burnt umber oil paint for toning;

- mouline for the nose.

The pattern is given for printing on A4 paper (in this case, bears come out about 15 cm when sitting), all parts without seam allowances. But you can always increase or decrease the pattern to the size you need.

Print the pattern and cut the details, put aside all paired details for a while. Spread the viscose with its right side down, outline the details on the fabric, remember the paired details and seam allowances (I left 3 mm). Carefully cut it out trying not to damage the pile. Don't cut the tucks on the legs, but cut the gore of the muzzle.

Next, begin to sew up the details. Start with the ears. I clearly defined the place of ears, so I sewed them together with the muzzle. If you want to place the ears in a different place, do it when the head is sewed and stuffed. Fold the ready ears this way:

And sew them to the front side of the muzzle.

Sew the front and back halves of the muzzle. Take the pile out of the seams.

Those parts, which will subsequently need to be plucked, pluck now along the seam line because then it will be more difficult.

Sew up the tuck on the muzzle gore and the front halves from the nose to the neck.

Sew the gore into the head, turn outside in (through the neck). The head is stitched :)

I usually stuff bears with sawdust quite tightly and assemble them using the T-shaped cotter pins. You can fill them with holofayber.

When the head is stuffed and you're satisfied, insert a cotter pin with a disc and washer and start tightening.

I mark the location of the eyes and begin to tighten. The eyes are tightened on the back of the head, the cheeks — with eyes.

The head is done.

Sew the eyes, define the shape of the nose (I stick a nose of felt there)

Embroider the nose and mouth (I used Gamma floss 3219).

Put the head aside, sew the body and the round detail into the neck, leave a hole on the back and turn the detail through it outside in.

The bear's soles are also out of viscose, pluck the pile.

Sew the tucks on the inner parts of the legs, without cutting them. Do the same with the upper legs.

Sew, turn the legs outside in, insert pins and assemble the bear.

Then feed the teddy with sawdust, stuff it tightly, I added granules in the tummy.

Get this handsome guy, not toned yet :)

Sew a she-bear.

Tone the bears gently, slowly. The brush should leave faint traces on the paper.

The bears are ready. Start creating their images. The boy has a plucked 'island' on his belly on the left, and the girl — on the right.

We have the following picture.

With a pencil, sketch the inscription MR and MRS. As an idea: you can embroider the couple's names.

Embroider the letters (I used Gamma floss 3249).

Sew the outfits. For the girl, I chose polka dot cotton. The upper detail of the dress should be cut twice. Then fold the fabric in half and the cut, too, this is more comfortable for me. Cut out the details with an allowance of 3 mm.

Get two identical parts.

Fold the detail with its right side inwards and sew. The lower edge remains free.

Turn the detail outside in, iron, overstitch the bottom. Sew the shoulders. The top of the dress is ready.

For the skirt of the dress, I took a soft net, you can take tulle or cotton. Cut out two strips of 2.5 cm x 70 cm and 3.5 cm x 80 cm (the length of the strips depends on the desired gather of the skirt).

Gather the strips.

Stitch wider stripes to the inside of the dress.

A narrower strip to the right side of the dress.

Decorate the dress: sew buttons and a bow of cotton, which will be used for the boys' vest. Sew two buttons on the back: one to the chest, the second to the waist. The dress for the lady is ready.

Proceed to the vest. Cut out 2 details with a fold.

Fold the details with their right sides inward, stitch them, leave the bottom of the back unsewn.

Carefully, slowly, turn the vest outside in and iron.

Iron and stitch the free edge. You can stitch the edge, or sew with a hidden stitch. The vest is almost ready. Make a loop and sew a button.

Cut out two details of the neckerchief.

Stitch the details folded inwards, leave a hole for turning. Turn through it outside in, iron and sew up the hole with a hidden seam.

I decided to do the best and make a tie pin :) Took a sew-on rhinestone (diameter 8 mm) and inserted a sharp pin in the sew-on holes.

What a beauty turned out! :)

The guy is handsome!

Come to the hat. Cut out the details of the hat without seam allowances.

Sew the rectangle into a ring (overlapping).

Sew the bottom with its seams outwards, leaving 2-3 mm from the edge.

Sew the fields.

Get the leather cylinder to complete the image of the groom.

For the girl, I wove a wreath — a rim with pink paper roses and lace leaves. I damped down the brightness of the flowers and leaves with white acrylic paint. And made pearl beads :)

Here's such a wonderful couple I had at the end. Kiss!

Thank you for your attention! When using the materials of the tutorial, please specify the authorship.